Author Topic: Leibovitz documentary on bbc iplayer  (Read 1684 times)

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
Leibovitz documentary on bbc iplayer
« on: June 11, 2008, 11:42:17 AM »
there was a documentary last night on BBC 1 called "Imagine: Annie Leibovitz - Life Through a Lens"

it's available on bbc.co.uk/iPlayer for the next 6 days .... but I think you need a uk IP address to view it, although I understand there is something clever people can do with a "proxy" server?  out of my league, but if someone here knows what a poxy server is then fire away.  I dont know what the doc is like yet, but I'm watching it now.  Might be of some interest.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 11:53:16 AM by leon taylor »
L.

choppert

• Sheet Film
  • ChopperT
Re: Leibovitz documentary on bbc iplayer
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 12:56:07 PM »
Was quite good.  Lots of photography and a bit of Keef thrown in for good measure!   :)

Took the sting out of a night trapped in sunny Salford!

Chops
"Photography is about failure" - Garry Winogrand

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 04:54:07 PM »
Thanks for letting me see that. Really enjoyed it.

Janet_P

• Peel Apart
    • Janet Penny Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 08:31:24 PM »
I really enjoyed this. I had always thought of Leibovitz as an 80's photographer - all those over-produced shots in brash colours - until I went to the Vanity Fair exhibition at the NPG. Now I realise that there's a lot more there that's my style and this documentary cemented that.

david b

• Peel Apart
    • Stray Light Foto
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 09:08:21 PM »
I really dislike her glossy staged stuff (those Wizard of Oz ones in the docu were just vile) but it was nice to see some of her earlier work and where she came from.  Still seemed to be using a lot of film too!

I liked the bit where Keef couldn't remember any of the photos of himself he was shown. A class act.

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 01:15:27 AM »
there was a documentary last night on BBC 1 called "Imagine: Annie Leibovitz - Life Through a Lens"

it's available on bbc.co.uk/iPlayer for the next 6 days .... but I think you need a uk IP address to view it, although I understand there is something clever people can do with a "proxy" server?  out of my league, but if someone here knows what a poxy server is then fire away.  I dont know what the doc is like yet, but I'm watching it now.  Might be of some interest.

If anyone here knows how to use a proxy server, or where to find one, etc, please post it here.

It drives me crazy that we cannot watch the BBC here in the US. I'd gladly pay the yearly fee to Auntie, if she'd let me watch too!