Author Topic: Weekend 3/4/5 March  (Read 1098 times)

Harvey

• Peel Apart
    • Meandering Extracts
Weekend 3/4/5 March
« on: March 03, 2023, 07:59:42 PM »
It's rare I post these days and I've never started a weekend thread, but the film from the dog-walking camera has been developed and so I have something to share.

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
Re: Weekend 3/4/5 March
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 08:27:40 PM »
I don't know what a dog-walking camera is, but you have achieved a very nice graphic effect.

Contax RX / Yashica ML 35mm 1:2,8 / Kodak T-Max 400 in Adox XT-3
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 10:36:07 PM »
I know what a dog walking camera is, that’s the camera you take when you walk your dog.  I have several of them.  I didn’t take my dog to Pennsylvania, so these weren’t taken with a dog walking camera.  I used a Leica IIf with a Summaron 3.5cm lens.  The film is Ilford FP4+ developed in Beer. 

Hamilton Tool & Supply Co by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Beaver River Power Plant by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Door 9 by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 11:27:13 AM »
I know what a dog walking camera is, that’s the camera you take when you walk your dog.  I have several of them.  I didn’t take my dog to Pennsylvania, so these weren’t taken with a dog walking camera.  I used a Leica IIf with a Summaron 3.5cm lens.  The film is Ilford FP4+ developed in Beer. 

So an über-expensive Leica can be a dog-walking camera? I wonder what the people over at Leitz would say to that.  ;)
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Harvey

• Peel Apart
    • Meandering Extracts
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 03:59:31 PM »

So an über-expensive Leica can be a dog-walking camera? I wonder what the people over at Leitz would say to that.  ;)

Mine is a mere XA2. Because my dog is getting on a bit he tends to plod the same paths, so with little new to see, a film lasts most of the year!
If Leitz would care to sponsor me I’d happily pop an M6 in my pocket instead 😁

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023, 08:12:06 PM »
Well, as long as you don't put nice Leica glass on it, I don't think they'd mind 😉
I'm sure somebody could find a D.S.L. to put on one...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 09:05:09 PM by Francois »
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2023, 02:34:05 PM »
Beaver River Power Plant by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

I was thinking over an project idea of photographing water towers but for some reason I think the American ones always have a more interesting look than the brick built Victorian ones we have over here. I will have to think on.

A mix of 5x4 with the Chamonix using a 270mm Rodenstock Rotelar F5.6, FP4 and the Mamiya Super 23 where I had to guess the metering - which didn't come out to bad, Ilford Delta 100 both in ID11

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2023, 05:39:17 PM »
I was thinking over an project idea of photographing water towers but for some reason I think the American ones always have a more interesting look than the brick built Victorian ones we have over here. I will have to think on.
I think Bernd and Hilla Becher thought brick was cool.

"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2023, 12:32:31 PM »
I think Bernd and Hilla Becher thought brick was cool.

Yes I came across a lot of their industrial images when I was doing some background research and trying to get a more interesting view of them rather than a pictorial shot.