Author Topic: Weekend September 9-11, 2022  (Read 1614 times)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Weekend September 9-11, 2022
« on: September 09, 2022, 08:31:18 PM »
Last pictures from Rota before I headed over to Saipan.  I brought two cameras in case one gave me problems, the Ricoh Diacord L and this one, a Contax-T with Fujifilm Superia X-Tra 400.  I always had color film in one while I had black and white in the other.  Looks like the Contax-T is developing a light leak so I'll need to fix that.  It's not in every picture and I was able to crop it out of these. 

Teteto Beach by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Pinatang Park has been abandoned and damaged by typhoons for decades, this statue is showing it. 
Mermaid Statue by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

This was at one of the work sites I visited, CNMI Forestry.  Looks like the heat is getting to him.
Any Dummy Can Drive a Tractor by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Moved on to Saipan.  Watching the sunset from the beach bar. 
Sailing into the Sunset by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 08:38:07 PM by Bryan »

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: Weekend September 9-11, 2022
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 09:02:31 PM »
Looks like it was a pretty nice park at some point.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 11:54:28 PM »
Looks like it was a pretty nice park at some point.
For Rota I'm sure it was.  It's small and had a water slide, swimming pools and a bar.  The problem Rota has is attracting tourism and business.  The island has a golf resort that has been shut down since the pandemic and that's about it.  There are no nice beach resorts because the island is mostly surrounded by razor sharp coral.  Not much in the way of nice white sandy beaches.  There are a total of 4 restaurants and there is a dive business.  Besides the golf resort, the hotels are all old and run down.  It's a shame, the people are all very friendly.  When you drive around Rota you wave to everyone, including all the cars you pass going the other way, it's considered offensive if you don't.  It's not a big deal, there's not many people to wave to.  I find myself waving to everyone when I get home after being there for a few weeks.  This trip was short so that wasn't a problem. 

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 10:29:49 AM »
I had a couple of days in North Wales for work ( not as an exotic location as Bryans' ) and managed to grab a shot with the Marion &Co 1/2 plate camera of the Porthmadog Steam train and station on J lane ASA 2 dry plates dunked in HC110 complete with some artifects and scratches

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 02:03:33 PM »
Took my "new" Nikon F90 to the beach during the week for a test run. Everything seems to work fine, but I was lazy and used matrix metering. I dont think it liked the stark contrasts, but in fact it did quite well shooting straight against the light.

Nikon F90 / AF Nikkor 50mm 1:1.4 / Adox HR-50 in Adox XT-3
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2022, 02:18:44 PM »
Nice start!
Mine's a then and now kind of weekend thing.
There's an old drive in movie place I have taken photos of in 2019, and then again just last month.
This is on the way to see my Dad in Texas, so it's not too far out of the way to get to on those trips.
It's kinda neat to see the change over a few years. Most surprising to me is how the letters on the marquis have held on...It's been a long winter!
Superheadz vivitar wide and slim clone for the first one, then a Reto wide and slim vivitar clone for the recent one.

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 02:25:08 PM »
Happy Weekend!

My contribution is an old pinhole image, I shared before. But I now tried to print it as sort of emulsion lift. I made an 18x18cm (7x7 inch) inkjet print on a transfer medium and then transferred it onto water colour paper. It works reasonably well. Apart from initial digital print, the process is quite similar to a normal emulsion lift. The right border of the image broke down a bit much for my liking. Have to improve my technique still.

Henne Strand Pinhole - emulsion transfer from digital print