Author Topic: Fujifilm FP-100C what was it's first use/customers?  (Read 1460 times)

Aksarben

• 35mm
    • Jenewein Duduks made in America
Fujifilm FP-100C what was it's first use/customers?
« on: June 21, 2016, 01:21:35 PM »
Was curious about this instant film made by Fujifilm.  I've read that photographer were not the first uses of this film, but was in the scientific and medical field.  I know it was made around 1984, but did not become hugely popular with Polaroid Land camera shooters and Pack Film holders of other cameras until Polaroid discontinued pack film in 2008.  So just looking for a bit of a history on it, or at least a link to a site where I can read about the beginnings of this film.  We pretty much know the endings....
I was born with nothing and have manged to keep most of it.

Vern

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: Fujifilm FP-100C what was it's first use/customers?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 03:36:02 PM »
I think it was also used for Passport and ID photos but that may have also come about after Polaroid discontinued it.

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 04:09:26 PM »
made pm public
FP-100C packfilm was primary for passport photos. It can also be used for scientific and medical research, but for that use low ISO was limiting for certain situations. Many places uses various Olympus scientific devices that can use a instant back. FP-3000B as the high ISO film was very important.

Originally the plan was to use the Fotorama instant system and they did develop a MS-40 instant back for use with FI-160 4x5 Fotorama color integral instant film. I think they were going to develop a high speed b&w 4x5 integral version of that film, but the FP-3000B packfilm was just so much faster to develop after the capture compared to integral. FP-3000B was originally a minute, but later revision became 30 secs and 15 sec. iirc Polaroids 3000ISO Type 107 packfilm was originally 90 sec. My guess is that this reduced the need for high speed black and white integral, plus at the time they were unable to sell the film outside Japan because of the Polaroid lawsuit against Kodak since Fotorama is primary based on Kodak instant. Also Kodak never released a black and white for their instant system either, because of that there is also no black and white for instax to this day. Instead of a black and white 4x5 FI-3200B integral, they did develop a slightly faster 500ISO 4x5 black and white as the FP-500b45 peel and a regular size black and white 400ISO FP-400B. But that just my theory i cannot prove, based on reading their product development history and partnerships.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 02:07:22 AM by tkmedia »
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 08:49:10 PM »
Interesting tidbits of information...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 05:28:33 AM »
okay here is another tidbits FP-100C was originally called FP-100. It was packaged in Japanese, English/French (North American), English, and Spanish languages.
tk

Aksarben

• 35mm
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 01:12:16 AM »
Pretty interesting!  Do you have a large jpg than 17.14 kb?  That one does not allow the enlarging and seeing the info on the box. :)

Vern

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 03:22:34 AM »
It was in a old Japanese Fujifilm pdf document, which i no longer have. If you asked in 1999, I might have been able to dig up a higher res photo!
tk

Aksarben

• 35mm
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 11:50:39 PM »
Thanks so much for the reply.  Was the FP-1 the only camera Fujifilm made for the peel apart film, not counting specialty cameras like their passport cameras?

Vern