Author Topic: Bargain tripod for homemade cameras etc? (UK)  (Read 1604 times)

al

• Peel Apart
    • matchboxpinhole.com
Bargain tripod for homemade cameras etc? (UK)
« on: August 24, 2007, 09:37:45 PM »
Was browsing the clearance items in our local Focus DIY today and I couldn't resist one of those laser spirit level thingies, reduced down to a fiver.   Not much filmwasting opertunities with one of those things you may think, but included in the kit was a rather sturdy adjustable aluminium tripod with built in spirit  bubbles and a heavy rotary mount and clamp in which the laser level fits.  I couldn't help seeing the photo possibilities here - it would make excellent tripod for DIY cameras as it gets round the usual problem of needing to install a tripod socket in the underside of the camera!  Also the rotating mount is just the job for panoramas.

It might just be a one-off in our local store, but from what I hear the troubled chain have been bought and lined up for asset-stripping, so perhaps the offer is on elsewhere? (they were flogging loads of stock off cheap)  Might be worth a look if you're passing a store.   At ?5 it's a bit of a steal,  especially as it comes with a pair of red safety goggles to use as red filters and a big yellow plastic case with enough room for a couple of cameras and plenty of film.  Oh and there's even a laser to play with.  8)