Author Topic: What did Santa bring nice kids?  (Read 2525 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
What did Santa bring nice kids?
« on: December 25, 2006, 06:29:59 PM »
Were there only nice kids on the FilmWasters forums?
Did some get a few lumps of coal? And plan on turning them into a pinhole camera ;) (that would be extra crafty and probably worth something decent from Santa next year).

Please do tell the world...

I'm extra curious and have nothing to do except wait for Boxing Day :)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

formica

• Sheet Film
  • professional amateur
    • formica
Re: What did Santa bring nice kids?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 05:23:32 AM »
santa brought me a bunch of box cameras, a few polaroid cameras, and a slide printer! :)

william

[attachment deleted by admin]

FrankB

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 01:31:36 PM »
A recipe book - I think my friends are giving me a not-too-subtle hint that has nothing to do with photography! This is nothing new; last year I got a chocolate-making kit from the same source...!  ;)

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 07:49:52 PM »
I got (erm am getting when Amazon finally get around to sending it to me) a book called "the old order and the new" which features pictures by PH Emerson.  I've really like dhis stuff for a long time, but had only ever seen a few print reproductions, so am quite looking forward to getting the book - for anyone who doesnt know, this website shoudl fill you  in nicely ... http://www.nmsi.ac.uk/NMPFT/emerson/home.asp
L.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 10:07:28 PM »
You lucky.
I always love getting books and this year was no exception.
I got 2 architecture books (my other weak point except cameras... it's much easier to collect cameras than houses ;D)
But a few years ago, I got a photography book that litterally changed my life (rare thing in books).
It was a book about photographer Julius Shulman. Everybody has seen his photographs (I really mean everybody) but nobody knows about him. Here's a link I found that will give a bit of an idea about his work (http://www.usc.edu/dept/architecture/shulman/).
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 07:45:30 PM »
A nice roll of gaffer tape. Oh, and a book about Fred Dibner - makes me look at the mill chimneys round here in a different light .

Tammy

• momentsofmine
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 04:01:37 AM »
A friend passed down about 25 rolls of expired Velvia to me. 

Otherwise I got a big fat lump.  (of coal). :-*

Susan B.

• Global Moderator
  • Sheet Film
    • susanburnstine.com
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 10:53:22 PM »
Guess I was bad, because the fat man in the red suit made me buy my own Epson 3800.
And I have to say printing at 16x16 ---oh, man oh man oh man.

David B already got an ear full from me this AM since the jolly man skipped both of our houses and made us buy our own 3800.
But I have to say this 3800 is really impressive. Better visible print quality than the 2400 in terms of shadow detail and significantly faster.
...And did I mention that my prints are 16x16 now? Yeee-haw.  ;D

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 04:35:19 AM »
Heck! Where to start? Expired Velvia, Emerson, Shulman (love these two links thanks), chocolate (!), slide printer and 16x16(!!!). What a great set.

Me; I got 2x Polaroid backs to start with my project camera - building a wide-capable, peel-apart, Polaroid. The Universal is a non-worker here, but ya get the picture. Pun intended. Arigato Santa. Skj.

[attachment deleted by admin]

outofcontxt

• Peel Apart
  • More blur. Less filling.
    • Bill Vaccaro Photography
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 12:38:00 AM »
Yeah, Santa gave me about 20 rolls of Ilford film. And he did make a rare, gently used Hassy 201F body become magically available at the KEH.com website. Of course, I couldn't resist, especially after having to send back a Hassy 2000 FCW body I got on eBay that had a broken titanium shutter (fortunately, I got a refund).
"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic hatreds."
  --- George Carlin

more crappiness at http://www.outofcontxt.com and http://billvaccaro.com