Author Topic: Easter Bank holiday weekend 29th March -1st April  (Read 500 times)

irv_b

• Self-Coat
Easter Bank holiday weekend 29th March -1st April
« on: March 29, 2024, 02:06:03 PM »
We have a 4 day weekend in the UK but with the usual bank holiday weekend weather.
I have some more shotS from the trip to Ipswich's famous rotting boats. Fomapan 100 5x4 RSS pinhole, Ilford Pan 50 Noon 6x12 pinhole, and FP4 Mamiya C33

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
Re: Easter Bank holiday weekend 29th March -1st April
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 06:28:03 PM »
Nice start Irv, seems like an interesting place to shoot.
Two close-ups taken along the coast here from me.

Mir / Industar 61 L/D 2.8/55 / Seagull 400 @200 ISO in Rodinal

Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 08:38:18 PM »
Happy Easter! Love your shots, Irv and Kai!
Some pictures taken close to my home at a boulder field left from the last ice age. Linhof Technika 6x7, Ilford FP4+, developed in XT-3.

Felsenmeer 1

Felsenmeer 2

Felsenmeer 3

Flippy

• Sheet Film
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 02:11:20 AM »
poofy by Berang Berang, on Flickr

down there by Berang Berang, on Flickr

grass by Berang Berang, on Flickr

Went out during the week with the Kinoflex (Halina Prefect), Kentmere 100, and a yellow filter. Printed on Arista Ultra VC FB.

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 03:12:09 PM »
Nice ones all!
I'm especially drawn to Manuel's ice age boulders. It's a lot to think about them being there that long and just being!

Mine is a Harman Direct Positive from one of the new models of Camerdactyl's "pinholio" printed cameras.

Exposure was six minutes then developed in caffenol for eight.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 09:48:04 PM »
Mine is a Harman Direct Positive from one of the new models of Camerdactyl's "pinholio" printed cameras.
I didn't know Ethan was still perfecting those.
I haven't had any news from him in years. What's he up to other than making stationery stuff with Joe?
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2024, 09:35:12 AM »
I have some more shotS from the trip to Ipswich's famous rotting boats.

Hi Irv, I have a course connection with Ipswich and spent many years there as a teenager and then a couple more towards the end of the 90s where I owned a house in Pin Mill  ;D I moved back to London in 2000, but still try to visit friends there every year. In fact in the first ten years of Filmwasters we had a couple of  members who were from that part of the world too. It's great to think that there's still a relationship between FW and that part of the world.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2024, 10:32:42 AM »
Happy back holiday (Britishers + others who benefit from public holidays at Easter) and happy Sunday to North America and the rest of the world.

I'm down in Cornwall this week for the first time in a couple of years. I have my new Minolta SLR and a few rolls of old 400 Fujicolor something. It turns out that I don't have a single roll of b/w 35mm film left in my stash... that's a drama for another post though  :D

Anyway, last week I continued my "re-scanning the past" exercise and ended up going through a couple of rolls shot (probably) on my Bronica S2A with a home made lens (a loupe and lots of gaffer tape) in.....Cornwall, albeit around 13 years ago. I processed these myself at home and did a TERRIBLE job of cleaning and looking after them. So while I was excited by some of the photos, once I scanned them I was deflated by how much post work was required. Luckily the 2024 version of Photoshop - which I get to use courtesy of Amy's enrolment in university - has the Spot Healing tool (aka my new best friend) which I've used the heck out of to make these look presentable.

One of them had too much gunk across too large an area so I left it on...and I'm happy with a bit of 'flava' in most things anyway.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2024, 10:35:22 AM »

Becky, you've used lots of words here that excite and interest me without me fully understanding them. This is what FW is all about  8) I will investigate.

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2024, 02:17:26 PM »
Manuel, I love the sculptural look of that first shot!

Ed, I've got a Zorki ZK 2.0/50 lens that gives the same look as your homemade one. The front glass looks like it's been cleaned with sandpaper. Sadly I don't think I will be able to find a new front glass for it, it's a really good lens made with Zeiss glass.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2024, 03:19:23 PM »
A splash of color from the archive. Easter 1984, a niece demonstrating the proper way to eat a malted "robin's egg". (Now a late career lawyer, otherwise not much changed from her youth.) Pentax MX, likely Kodachrome, possibly Ektachrome as I had ready access to E6 film and processing in that era. 

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2024, 05:36:47 PM »
This is fantastic. Hello 1984, too - I've missed you ;D

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2024, 05:42:49 PM »
Ed, I've got a Zorki ZK 2.0/50 lens that gives the same look as your homemade one. The front glass looks like it's been cleaned with sandpaper. Sadly I don't think I will be able to find a new front glass for it, it's a really good lens made with Zeiss glass.

The great thing about using the home made lens with an SLR is that you can decide which part of the shot to have in focus, which bit to blur a little bit and which part gets the "full blur" treatment. If your Zorki lens is for an RF then more will be left to chance  ;D ???
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 04:09:47 PM by Ed Wenn »

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2024, 06:05:10 PM »
I didn't know Ethan was still perfecting those.
I haven't had any news from him in years. What's he up to other than making stationery stuff with Joe?

He's still working on cameras and butter grips for cameras, plus improving the "Pinholio".
I go over to Ethan's about once a month (off and on) to test things, and just sit in his garage and talk photography.
Last week we tested about 21 of the newer Pinholio models in his back yard and they all worked great. I had the pleasure of hand drilling 21 pinholes in soda can aluminum. The for sale models will have a proper laser drilled pinhole. He has new printers and they are fast and quiet. Expect some cool things in the near future.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2024, 10:27:53 PM »
Expect some cool things in the near future.
I really can't wait!
Francois

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2024, 10:36:08 PM »
Hello 1984, too - I've missed you ;D
Definitely.
I know that this is going to sound stupid but I really miss my Intellivision and my VIC-20, riding my BMX bike and my skateboard without spending the following week on Tylenol...
But if you want to have a bit of mid 90's Internet nostalgia, I just discovered a site called https://protoweb.org/ which lets you browse the internet like it was 1996. Hello marquee, frames and 8 bit graphics 😁

Francois

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2024, 12:16:36 PM »
Happy Easter! Love your shots, Irv and Kai!
Some pictures taken close to my home at a boulder field left from the last ice age. Linhof Technika 6x7, Ilford FP4+, developed in XT-3.

Felsenmeer 1

Felsenmeer 2

Felsenmeer 3

Absoluely love this 3 shots Manuel

I have some more shotS from the trip to Ipswich's famous rotting boats.

Hi Irv, I have a course connection with Ipswich and spent many years there as a teenager and then a couple more towards the end of the 90s where I owned a house in Pin Mill  ;D

Ed, was it one of those fantastic houseboats on the river, cos I would be totally jealous if so!

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2024, 09:11:56 AM »
Ed, was it one of those fantastic houseboats on the river, cos I would be totally jealous if so!

It wasn't - I did play a gig on one one though, which was a lot of fun. Actually, I've realised that my house (an old converted grain store) was just up the road in Chelmondiston, not in Pin Mill itself.