Author Topic: Weekend - February 16 - 18, 2024  (Read 360 times)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Weekend - February 16 - 18, 2024
« on: February 16, 2024, 04:12:05 PM »
Some shots from snowboarding last week.  Nikon N60 with a Nikkor 28-80mm zoom lens.  FPP FILM LOVE - Shamrocks Edition developed in HC-110 Dilution B (FPP version).  The FPP Film Love is a surveillance film, not sure who made it.

Snowy Cluster of Trees by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Rime ice forms when there's fog, a light breeze and freezing temperatures.  It was interesting that I only found this within a narrow band of elevation.  I guess the conditions have to be just right for it to form. 
Rime Ice by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Driving to Stevens Pass I pass through several small mountain towns.  This 1965 Ford Falcon was at a former church in the town of Startup.  I think the church is someones home now.  Like many homes and businesses on this drive, they create these roadside attractions.  There are two mannequins that you can't see in the car because of the glare on the windshield.  Skeletons are climbing up the church steeple.   
1965 Ford Falcon by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

irv_b

• Self-Coat
Re: Weekend - February 16 - 18, 2024
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 05:25:38 PM »
A nice start to the thread Bryan, alas, we in the South of England have not had any snow to get out and photograph this winter.
I picked up a Holgapan 120 6x12 recently and shot a few test shots to find out if there was any light leaks. Fortunately no light leaks but a loosely wound roll affected the pictures. I shot anther roll and tried to develop in Rodinal but I didn't have any images, not quite sure what happened whether the RO9 was totally shot as I am sure that I took the lens cap off, but I'll give it another go tis week hopefully.
 Fomapan in Ilfotec HC.

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 06:20:30 PM »
I'll go with some seaside shots too. Taken this week in Sidmouth (UK south coast for those who don't know it). Taken on a Yashica Mimi-S half frame with Fomapan in Ilfosol. Too much grain for me but thought it gave them a vintage feel so went with some toning too.

"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Flippy

• Sheet Film
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 09:16:01 PM »
I tested my (new to me) Zeiss Ikon Box Tengor. I loaded a roll of Kentmere 400, but the day ended up being so dark that I pushed it to 800 just to be sure I got anything.

Dark and Dismal Day by Berang Berang, on Flickr

Rain by Berang Berang, on Flickr

The camera has two focus zones: 1-3 meters, and 8-∞.

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2024, 09:20:11 AM »
Took a Horseman L45 monorail, 90mm lens, and bag bellows, loaded with Fomapan 100, to Edlingham in Northumberland

The leaning tower of Edlingham
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2024, 10:20:34 AM »
I shot anther roll and tried to develop in Rodinal but I didn't have any images, not quite sure what happened whether the RO9 was totally shot as I am sure that I took the lens cap off, but I'll give it another go tis week hopefully.
Was there any edge markings? No edge markings means it wasn't developed. With edge markings means you left the lens cap on.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2024, 12:49:25 PM »
I shot anther roll and tried to develop in Rodinal but I didn't have any images, not quite sure what happened whether the RO9 was totally shot as I am sure that I took the lens cap off, but I'll give it another go tis week hopefully.
Was there any edge markings? No edge markings means it wasn't developed. With edge markings means you left the lens cap on.

No, there wasn't any marking so I've dumped the Rodinal.

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2024, 08:45:08 PM »
Lots of nice shots this weekend! Peter, I'm quite impressed by the shots made with the Yashica Mimy. That Yashinon lens must be quite good!
I was out on a misty morning about two weeks ago testing a lens that I traded against a 7Artisan lens I was trying to get rid of. It's a lens that I would never have aquired otherwise, the handmade Japanese MS-Optical Perar 3.5/35 Super Triplet II. It's an improved Cooke triplet, and I quite like it so far.

Zeiss Ikon ZM / MS-Optical Perar 3.5/35 Super Triplet II / Frontier 125D (ECN-2)
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2024, 04:09:30 PM »
Beautiful shots everyone! Shows me, I have to get out of my slump and take some puctures.