Author Topic: You guys are slacking  (Read 852 times)

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
You guys are slacking
« on: October 01, 2012, 03:10:28 AM »
About 4 billion film pictures a year?

http://blog.1000memories.com/94-number-of-photos-ever-taken-digital-and-analog-in-shoebox

I'm going to buy you an autowinder. Step it up!

Photo_Utopia

• Sheet Film
  • The artist also known as Mark Antony
    • Photo Utopia
Re: You guys are slacking
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 01:00:57 PM »
Interesting reading. One point though how does he qualify few analogue images are taken? Is he saying every Facebook/ Flickr upload is digital? I think it would be difficult to count hybrid images as digital in that case.
My Flickr account is purely film albeit scanned...
There's more to this photography thing than meets the eye.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 02:35:43 PM »
Something I've noticed is that people don't get their digital pictures printed. This is a major part of the drop in physical images. But strangely, the digital photo frame is in decline too. It's just like if people took photos, put them on a hard disk and simply forgot about them for the rest of time.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 03:27:06 PM »
I have the same feelings Francois. Part of the reason i love shooting film (even while almost everyone else my age shoots digital) is that i have that record of what i've shot. I have the film that i can keep forever. If their hard drive melts and they dont back up then they could lose years worth of work. At least i have the negatives to fall back on to if i need to. Probably my worst thing whenever i shoot digital is transferring the photos over to my computer and thinking that there has to be something else i have to do, it cant be that easy. I love having the negative to touch. Everything else just feels like im disconnected to the photo, like ive never cherished the moment the photo came out of the camera and had that experience. Savour the flavour type thing. If that makes sense. Maybe I'm just weird.