Author Topic: Your 2 favorite lowfi shots  (Read 11291 times)

Dave_M

• drinking the fixer...
    • Offwhite
Re: Your 2 favorite lowfi shots
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2009, 08:10:38 AM »
It has been ages since I used the Holga. Think I'll grap some HP5 and take it on my holidays over the next few weeks..

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

Info Red

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2009, 04:25:52 PM »
Good Morning,

I'm a first-timer to filmwasters, but have been spending some time reading your postings, admiring your images, and appreciating the high level of discourse.  I am really impressed by your ability to express an actual critical thought, provide spot on suggestions and comments, and not become mean-spirited in the process.  And, while I found a riotous thread regarding "awesome, cool, and far out" types of descriptors when addressing each others works, I am really delighted that you folks seem to take your film-wasting and image-making seriously - at least when it's necessary.

All that being said, I hope to post a few pix here and there, gain knowledge from your experience, and continue to enjoy this wonderful site.  I had the chance to listen to the WeeGee and HCB audio recordings this morning, and to view the 1958 Kodak Info-Reel on making film as well.  Those 2-reelers were the kind of high entertainment my classmates and I could expect to enjoy on a regular basis as students in a rural school in Missouri.  The films were obtained from some gub'mint agency and dragged around from school to school to give the teachers a chance to go to the boiler room and smoke while we sweltered in the gym looking at such training films!

Anyhow, too much rambling, not enough pix.  Here are 2 from my Holga 120S.  Let me know what you think.

And thanks!

Info Red

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2009, 04:53:50 PM »
Good Morning,

I'm a first-timer to filmwasters, but have been spending some time reading your postings, admiring your images, and appreciating the high level of discourse.  I am really impressed by your ability to express an actual critical thought, provide spot on suggestions and comments, and not become mean-spirited in the process.  And, while I found a riotous thread regarding "awesome, cool, and far out" types of descriptors when addressing each others works, I am really delighted that you folks seem to take your film-wasting and image-making seriously - at least when it's necessary.

All that being said, I hope to post a few pix here and there, gain knowledge from your experience, and continue to enjoy this wonderful site.  I had the chance to listen to the WeeGee and HCB audio recordings this morning, and to view the 1958 Kodak Info-Reel on making film as well.  Those 2-reelers were the kind of high entertainment my classmates and I could expect to enjoy on a regular basis as students in a rural school in Missouri.  The films were obtained from some gub'mint agency and dragged around from school to school to give the teachers a chance to go to the boiler room and smoke while we sweltered in the gym looking at such training films!

Anyhow, too much rambling, not enough pix.  Here are 2 from my Holga 120S.  Let me know what you think.

And thanks!

Info Red

Like the second pic a lot.

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2009, 06:02:40 PM »
Awesome! or do I mean 'cool'.
Nice to see you here anyway

Aline

• Aline Smithson Photography
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2009, 11:54:32 PM »
Great idea...
The first image was an early Diana shot and the second, a recent piece...

rolo

• What comes out gray is really red.
    • rolopix!
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2009, 02:18:27 AM »
I go back to these regularly.  The first is from a Brownie Hawkeye (flipped lens), the second from a Brownie Holiday (127 film).

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2009, 02:34:57 PM »
these really are great - we are all so talented :) !!!

and a belated welcome to Info red - sorry I missed you first time around.  Lovely pictures.
L.

vicky slater

• Self-Coat
    • vicky slater
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2009, 05:09:39 PM »
really really hard to choose faves but these were from the first summer i got to grips with the diana...i just took a few rolls of the kids in the garden and i'm so glad i did..it was probably the last summer my oldest was still really a child and happy to have his picture taken....wish i'd taken a million more.

vicky slater

• Self-Coat
    • vicky slater
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2009, 05:13:09 PM »
and cpierce, i ADORE that little poodle? on the stool, ADORE IT!!

dirklancer

• 35mm
  • Jeffrey Nachtigall
    • the Art of Waiting
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2009, 05:40:44 PM »
I think these might be my favorites at the moment...
The first was done with slide film in a reused disposable camera, two slides were exposed to 669 polaroid packfilm in a Vivitar slide printer and transferred.
The second is Fuji Velvia 100 cross-processed. I was using a Diana+, but forgot to put the mask in before loading the film - hence the double exposure overlap on the sides.

I'm not a photographer, I just take lots of pictures ;)

a little knowledge is a dangerous thing

dirklancer

• 35mm
  • Jeffrey Nachtigall
    • the Art of Waiting
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2009, 05:42:03 PM »
Ouch - sorry about the massive size on that last one - I'll get it right next time!
a little knowledge is a dangerous thing