Author Topic: 10 more reasons why I like church bazaars  (Read 1884 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
10 more reasons why I like church bazaars
« on: June 14, 2010, 05:44:19 PM »
Yep! I went to yet another church bazaar. I actually went twice, once in the morning for the good stuff and once before closing to get the cheap deal. And this time, what a deal it was! I spent less than 10$ on the whole lot. The good Minolta I got in the morning, the rest I got at the end of the day when they were selling grocery bags for 2$ each. Concept is simple, pay 2$ and anything you can fit in the bag is yours  8)
So, here is a list of the 10 more reasons why I like those sales:

10 - Capital KX 100 (a cheap focus free piece of plastic that has a flash hotshoe)
9 - Ultronic Panoramic camera (has a better viewfinder than the Vivitar IC101)
8 - Kodak Cameo (the camera is in poor condition but it's small... and free)
7 - Argus C5F (it has a flash and a weird transparent lens cover)
6 - Vivitar TEC35 (35mm f/2.6 autofocus... looks decent)
5 - Ricoh XF-30D (zone focus camera with a very angular look to it... looks cool)
4 - Kodak S900 Tele (a strange dual lens camera with a 62mm and a 34mm lens. It uses a strange flip down mirror inside to change lenses. Really bizarre)
3 - Canon Sureshot Telemax (has a convertible 38/70mm lens and auto focus.)
2 - Canon Prima Zoom 64 (a simple 38-65mm point & shoot with a nice wide viewfinder. It has a vertical thumb wheel on the back cover)
1 - Minolta Maxxum ST Si (a.k.a. Dynax 404si, is probably the closest ancestor to the modern DSLR. This camera feels 85% plastic. Everything is electronically controlled. It also has the strangest viewfinder I've ever come across. Vertical LCD display for speed and a special piece of enhancing glass in the prism housing. Any small difference in lighting color is greatly amplified... potentially useful but really annoying feature)

So there you have this week-end's shopping madness. I'm starting to think I'm getting to be just as bad as Mijonju when it comes to collecting cameras :)

Here's the full visuals on last Saturday's deals!

(I also got a golf ball putting return gizmo, another developing tank and a yo-yo like toy... there was still space in the 2$ bag  ::) )

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: 10 more reasons why I like church bazaars
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 05:59:06 PM »
... and where's the pictures you took with them???

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: 10 more reasons why I like church bazaars
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 06:56:37 PM »
None yet... 2 days is too short a delay to try anything!
Actually probably took the better part of 2 days just to get them clean! (some were pretty icky)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.