Author Topic: Latest Score  (Read 2005 times)

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
Latest Score
« on: August 11, 2012, 07:04:43 PM »
I hope im not being bothersome posting up my latest score. But I had to gloat. I came across a kijiji ad yesterday. "Cameras, something for everyone" I called the guy and he said "bring cash". Intrigued i ventured over. What lay in front was an entire queen sized bed covered in cameras. Pretty much everything 35mm. Im always on the hunt for rangefinders and i would say 75% of everything i saw was exactly that (yay!). Heres what i managed to pick up for $80

I got a Konica C35 (sticky shutter, free), Canonet 28 with flash, Canonet QL17, Chinon EE, and Yashica Electro GT. All working condition minus the Konica! He still had cameras he was trying to throw at me for my last $10! Trying to sell me on an olympus trip 35.

There were also two yashica T3's. I think those are the ones Terry Richardson shoots with? Either way they could have gone for $30.

Lots of cameras. Great haul i think. Im waiting for the girlfriend to kill me when she gets home.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
Re: Latest Score
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 07:53:20 PM »
pro tip: when you come up to a certain amount of cameras, your parter won't know which ones are new and which ones are old ;D

nice score btw!
/jonas

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:14:59 PM »
Jonas is right! Just stash them with the ones you already have and nobody will see anything... except that strange 80$ withdrawal in the bank account ;)

But still, nice haul. If the Electro works, you'll be in business as it is truly a wonderful camera. Mine sadly suffers from riga-mortis... broken wire inside the lens assembly...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 10:40:31 PM »
this guy must have had at least 4 electros there! Very mint condition ones as well. Only thing was the rangefinder wasnt lining up at infinity, which kind of made me a little weird. The one i took lined up the best but still wasnt 100%. I was just out shooting with it now It seems like its good. We will see when i get the test film back.

Im particularily excited to try the Canonet QL17 some call it the poor mans leica, but i dont think its neat leica territory.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 01:35:21 AM »
Im particularily excited to try the Canonet QL17 some call it the poor mans leica, but i dont think its neat leica territory.
well it's supposed to be pretty silent, what I hear. I think there's an old review on it kicking around on the forum.

edit: ah, yeah. here you go :) http://www.filmwasters.com/forum/index.php?topic=770.0
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:39:36 AM by jojonas~ »
/jonas

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 04:30:38 AM »
well it's supposed to be pretty silent, what I hear.

or what you dont hear :P

I just got the test roll back on the yashica. I may have to do some tweaking with the Rangefinder.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 07:21:26 AM by TinTin »

Miles

• Sheet Film
  • And lo, it came to pass ...
    • Just Flickr
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 03:57:27 PM »

QL's and Electro's, far east heyday for RF's.

Such great kit.

Good haul, well done.

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 05:35:18 PM »
im in rangefinder heaven for the time being. There are potentially more i could get if people were interested. Though they are quite common on the bay so i dont think it would make a difference.

tani.P

• Spaghetti Tree
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 03:42:46 AM »
Great haul! Is that Chinon as small as it looks in the picture?

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 03:47:05 AM »
yup. The chinon was somewhat based off of the Konica C35, the size is so similar. Both quite small cameras. Im excited to shoot the chinon, it has potential to be a great street shooter

olympusOM

• 35mm
    • Fogel's Focus
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 08:41:06 PM »
pro tip: when you come up to a certain amount of cameras, your parter won't know which ones are new and which ones are old ;D

I am hoping this turns out to be true.  I am pretty sure you can continue to add to the film stores in the freezer and have it go unnoticed.
My flickr: flickr.com/danfogel
My website: fogelsfocus.com
Olympus OM-1n, Ricoh GR1v
Leica M4-P, Canon EOS 620

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 11:55:32 PM »
I just want to gloat in my success. It may not sound like much, but im far from a repairman. I ended up getting the Electro and even my QL-17 with the rangefinders out of calibration. Well I managed to get the rangefinder calibrated on the electro and was ecstatic. I then went to try to calibrate the Canon and sure enough its almost identical in how to calibrate (score!). After having some problems with getting a small enough screwdriver on the Canon i managed to get it calibrated and just finished my test roll. Im scanning it now and all i have to say is WOW. I like the canon much better than the electro. Images are so much sharper and i really like the 40mm over the 45mm lens.

You all will see some QL images sooner or later. I dont really want to post up the test images here but i do have a test images set on my flickr where they should be uploaded eventually.

Cant wait to put more film through this baby! ;D ;D