Author Topic: Have fun with Junk  (Read 1031 times)

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Have fun with Junk
« on: June 18, 2008, 05:08:54 PM »
I have this old FKD 13x18 view 'camera' cluttering up the Summer Parlour sitting atop a rickety old wooden tripod all held together with gaffer tape and bande-elastique . I use the thing for shooting old glass plates from time to time but yesterday I decided to use some x-ray film acquired from Mr Sanderson when I did a days workshop with him some time ago. It was the recent B&W mag article that inspired me.
I loaded up the Sterling x-ray film, shoved the front cell of an old Dallmeyer projection lens I had lying around the place on the front followed by taping a barn-door shutter on that came from Kazakhstan with the camera [gift from a work-chum].
Shot wide open in subdued light [iso 32 as pre-described the the good Mr Sanderson] and dipped it into old print developer. Looked ok ish so I then coated some paper with Vandyke emulsion and exposed.
I feel this very flawed image has great depth and potential. What do you think?
Image is of my dear Eve in t'Summer Parlour.
PS. There's a snap of the Pile-O-Junk camera on me blog right now!

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 05:25:04 PM by Andrea »

Karl

• Sheet Film
    • Photographic Works
Re: Have fun with Junk
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 03:19:19 PM »
great stuff. Very atmospheric in a dark and melancholy way, which is good.  Nice to see alternative processes being tried out by you and others
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." Louis Hector Berlioz

http://www.adayindecember.wordpress.com