Author Topic: Portrait  (Read 1284 times)

cwilk

• Mostly Monochrome
Portrait
« on: May 26, 2008, 09:59:09 PM »
I've tried a few pictures of my daughter with my EOS5.

I've used natural light which means the aperture was wide open and the depth of field is very shallow.

Any comments appreciated.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
Re: Portrait
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 10:08:34 AM »
there are some nice catchlights in her eyes in the first one - really make them sparkle
L.

okayku

• a set of postcards
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 05:28:52 PM »
first off, you have a beautiful daughter!

the first picture is really nice and i love the way your daughter is illuminated.  the second one seems like just a snapshot more than anything else, if you were trying for something more then composition might have needed a little bit more work. 

cwilk

• Mostly Monochrome
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 08:14:09 PM »
Thanks for the compliment about my daughter.

Composition is a problem with kids because they don't stay still long enough.  The first picture gives the impression that she was still for a while whereas it was only a couple of seconds.

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 03:19:52 AM »
Perhaps if you took a jab at shooting vertical rather than horizontally, you would be pleased even more. They are nice to look at anyhow and how can one critique such a precious subject. They are what they are....photographs of your beloved daughter. I think I would like to have seen something solid, but that is because I am used to the older kids and myself screaming, STAY. Of course, that cannot happen here, so we enjoy what you were able to capture. A beautiful soul and a happy and healthy baby.  :)
Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine