Author Topic: Speed Graphic + Aero Ektar  (Read 1890 times)

David A-W

Speed Graphic + Aero Ektar
« on: March 13, 2014, 09:56:37 PM »
My 5x4 desires have not abated, despite taking a sensible pause following my post earlier in the year.

I'm now moving on slightly from Chamonix (fine camera no doubt) to a Speed Graphic / Aero-Ektar combination. Looks to have wonderful potential.

Any thoughts or ideas on sourcing such a kit in the UK? Most Speed Graphics I've found for sale are in the US though there are some Aero Ektars here.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:59:32 PM by David A-W »

Nick Moys

• Peel Apart
Re: Speed Graphic + Aero Ektar
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 11:17:39 PM »
David, I bought my Crown Graphic from David Duhan via Ebay (d.duhan (1959)).  I think he's based in London?  He seems to have Crown and Speed Graphics fairly regularly, and modifies them to incorporate some front swing too. Very pleased with mine.
Nick

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 06:15:41 AM »
Oooh...this is on my list as well.

Sigh.

David A-W

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 11:47:55 PM »
Nick, thanks: I am in touch with David Duhan and have my name down for a Speed Graphic from him. Nearly bought an Aero Ektar this week but narrowly missed out on it.

David A-W

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 09:05:15 AM »
I've been assembling my kit recently and it is all coming together nicely. I've picked up a Speed Graphic, beautifully prepared by David Duhan and I was fortunate to pick up the last JoLo lensboard and to get an Aero-Ektar for a good price on e-bay. The lens is now with David for cleaning.

I'm waiting now to bring all the components together, unfortunately I'm away with work for a couple of weeks from tomorrow so won't have a chance to take any photos with it until May  :-[

Nasir

• 35mm
    • Simply Oxford
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 11:49:50 PM »
I bought my Speed Graphic from David Duhan. He was very helpful with information regarding my Aero Ektar (that I didn't purchase from him) and how to correctly remove it from the housing it came in without damaging it. A really nice guy.

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 09:24:18 PM »
I think I might try and pick up a speed graphic to use with polaroid packfilm, they seem to be one of the cheaper ways to get a view camera, I made one myself but precise focussing is causing problems... I will check out the seller mentioned below!

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 10:41:07 PM »
Hi all, did you contact David through eBay or elsewhere? Thanks

David A-W

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 09:48:44 PM »
Hi Chalky

Yes, that's right - I sent him a message via eBay and he got back to me quickly. I happen to live on the same side of town as he is and went over to meet him a few times and I can highly recommend him - he really loves these cameras.

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 10:10:07 PM »
Thank you. Yes I have mailed him and he has replied. Be interested to hear what you got for what price etc, if you were willing to share. Message is fine if you prefer not to share here, or no worries if you'd rather not share at all. I'm just after a functional rather than glamorois one with graflok back to shoot Polaroid. Cheets and thanks, Matt