Author Topic: took me awhile....  (Read 1648 times)

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
took me awhile....
« on: February 22, 2013, 05:17:30 AM »
In November I travelled to Prague and various parts of Germany - rounding out another episode of my project, "Here Lies." http://jamroski.zxq.net/photo/here_lies.html

Here's a few that I processed today, 4 months after the trip... 

Fuji Gf670, Provia 400 X-processed.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:21:07 PM by gregor »

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
Re: took me awhile....
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 07:25:54 AM »
Very interesting series, Gregor!
I confess I had something similar in my mind for quite a long time now, but didn't managed to start yet.. (Though my plan was to concntrate on half-forgotten, overgrown cemeteries in more rural settings.. We'll see...
Anyway, I hope you'll be doing more in this project and I'm looking forward to see more of it.
Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 04:19:52 PM »
Though my plan was to concntrate on half-forgotten, overgrown cemeteries in more rural settings..

Hey Andrej !

The half forgotten and rural cemeteries are hard to find and take a lot of networking in any given country.  There is a project called the International Jewish Cemetery Project that has a pretty good road map of known locations.  Not sure if they can help set up local guides which are certainly necessary in many locations.

http://www.iajgsjewishcemeteryproject.org

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 09:13:06 PM »
This is an interesting project. I assume the reason these Jewish cemeteries are 'half forgotten' is because the holocaust killed all the families and communities that would have kept them up. I'm glad they are being preserved in some way.

tani.P

• Spaghetti Tree
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 09:05:06 PM »
Really lovely stuff, I'm such a sucker for old cemeteries, especially with old Hebrew writing (these inscriptions are most likely in Yiddish, which is spelled out using the Hebrew alphabet). If you ever make to Międzyrzec, Poland you might see my family name (or some form of it).

I love your cross-processed look, too. Much more subtle than I would have expected from cross processed, or what I usually get!
Anyway, I really appreciate this project. I'll try to keep following it.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 09:08:15 PM »
gregor..this is a wonderful and colorful series..I always investigate the cemeteries wherever I travel..nothing so colorful as yours however.

the lowest fidelity!

• 35mm
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 04:02:18 PM »
nice tones in those frames!

LEAFotography

• Peel Apart
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 06:26:57 PM »
These are great! Loving the autumn colours! Thanks for sharing!

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 10:23:26 PM »
hey thanks everyone for your comments !

I love your cross-processed look, too. Much more subtle than I would have expected from cross processed, or what I usually get!

The x-pro turned out nicely - about what I had expected coming out of the Fuji gf670.  When I would occasionally x-pro with the Diana or similar cameras the plastic lens gave tremendously different results....