Author Topic: Diggin' The Mainstream: My experiences with Truprint  (Read 1163 times)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Diggin' The Mainstream: My experiences with Truprint
« on: April 02, 2008, 05:12:11 PM »
Until recently the last time I used a 'send away' process like Truprint or Bonusprint for process and print was probably 30 years ago when I was a nipper. Recently I came across a bunch of Truprint envelopes in a hotel lobby and for some reason I thought I'd give it a go. I've been taking a lot of  C41 35mm photos recently (not something I normally do) so it all fitted together and I thought I'd try the service to test the water. The prices are certainly hard to beat. I went with the lowest price options across the board (other than paying 45 pence extra for matt prints) and crossed my fingers.

Guess what? The service was great and the quality of the prints was as good as most pro labs I've used over the last 6 years and a good deal better than some. The only drawback was that the negs are cut into 4's not 6's and aren't sleeved in any way. But I have to say that for ease of use (rememeber I'm in the "don't have time to go to the lab anymore - don't have time to process my own anymore" phase of my life) this service, quality and price are not going to be beaten.

I'll still be heading to my fave lab when I get the chance for my b/w, MF, E6 and cross-processing needs, but for standard colour 35mm films I'm a Truprint convert?.serves me right for being a snob for all this time!! Here are some examples from the first batch. Scans from prints not negs.

Pentax Program A SLR + super cheap, super expired Konica 100ASA film.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 05:15:22 PM by ed.wenn »