Author Topic: Printing Out  (Read 1899 times)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Printing Out
« on: March 22, 2008, 12:53:26 AM »
My odyssey into the world of POP has been start-stop-start and I seem to forget all the lessons learned in-between sessions, but I've enjoyed being able to print without having access to a darkroom. The first run at it was July 2007. The second time was December; this is from December. It's a dodgy flat bed scan from a 10 X 8 print I made from a digitally enlarged 35mm negative. The result is pretty contrasty. Even though the neg is some way that inclined the print is more so, but I like the punch it packs. The photo is from March 2007 and shows the giant mural in Skanderbeg Square, Tirana, Albania.

Can't wait to try it again. Should be around June if I keep to my schedule!!

p.s.
Phil B: This is the one. Posted this evening. It's on its way to you as I type.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: Printing Out
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 03:30:19 PM »
Way cool.
lovely image. And it reminds me, I still have a few sheets of 5x7 POP tucked away so I must use them and not get distracted with cyanotypes!

ali

• 35mm
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 03:41:17 PM »
I am not familiar with this process, but am a bit intrigued..... would you mind giving me a breif explanation?
Thanks
ali

kuru

• camera addict
    • serpent factory
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 07:31:40 PM »
I'm waiting for more POP to be manufactured. The last batch they got from Kentmere was bad and they're currently working with Harman to get a new batch made.
Kevin Pointer
serpent factory

kuru

• camera addict
    • serpent factory
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 07:32:09 PM »
I am not familiar with this process, but am a bit intrigued..... would you mind giving me a breif explanation?
Thanks
ali

http://www.albumenworks.com/directions.html
Kevin Pointer
serpent factory

eddie

• Peel Apart
    • monosnaps
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 07:35:41 PM »
Ed , fine image,  love the vertical lines running through the image and the sky is super.

ali

• 35mm
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 08:38:45 PM »
Thanks
ali

http://www.albumenworks.com/directions.html

thank you .....

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 12:37:34 AM »
Ali, the method I've used up until now has been very, very slipshod and adheres to all the rules laid down by myself and Damion when we wrote the Charter for 'Ballpark Photography' back in 1974. In other words, I skipped a load of stuff you're supposed to do, guessed at some others and did some extra stuff Iprobably didn't have to...making sure never to follow the same steps twice in a row for fear of actually producing something worthwile.
 ;D ;D

In all seriousness however, I've been meaning to knock up a review of my Ballpark POP process in the Articles section of this site, but have so far let real life get in between me and actually writing that article. One day though I may get round to it.

The hard part is getting the digi neg. The rest is easy.