Author Topic: amazing .....  (Read 1558 times)

sausage100uk

Re: amazing .....
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 09:07:02 AM »
"Kodak has focused on the digital message for the past four years. As we come out of that transition, one thing is very clear: film is a very profitable part of the business" i'd say this is business-speak for someone in the market research dept. F*cked up...ho ho ho maybe fuji were right after all ;) 
God created Paramedics so Firemen could have heroes...

david b

• Peel Apart
    • Stray Light Foto
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 09:50:24 AM »
I was in The Real Camera Company here in Manchester a little while ago (the only solely analogue photo shop in town) and it was full of students buying Pentax K1000 and similar study entry-level film SLRs.  I guess there's still money to be made at that end of the market.

On the downside, the Manchester Calumet seems to have stopped stocking fixer as standard (they eventually found me some Hypam in a dusty corner of the warehouse), and they've shrunk down film's place in the showroom to a single shelf amongst a vista of shiny digi doodads.  The nice young lady who eventually found me the fixer told me that she still uses film though...

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 03:06:31 PM »
Weird...
it doesn't stack up to their business model...
They stopped all 35mm camera production and want back in?
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

formica

• Sheet Film
  • professional amateur
    • formica
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 06:10:52 PM »
i wonder how much this is really kodak. it may be more of vivitar branding the camera kodak with very little involvement by the kodak company.  of course i view any new film camera as a good thing, though it's not the sort of thing i'm likely to buy.

william