Author Topic: Last-Day-of-Christmas Weekend  (Read 717 times)

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
Last-Day-of-Christmas Weekend
« on: January 06, 2023, 06:29:28 PM »
The 6th of January is traditionally the last day of Christmas. It's also the 13th day of Christmas. This shop is obviously very keen to make sure everybody knows it's house no. 13, or is it somebody's lucky number? The sign in the upper left corner (clear sight) belongs to an optician, maybe they want to make shure their clients can find the way?

Olympus mjuZoom / Ilford HP5+
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: Last-Day-of-Christmas Weekend
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 09:19:59 PM »
Good one Kai, I suppose if you can't read the address the optician can't help you anyhow. 

Just before Christmas we had a snowstorm followed by an ice storm.  Graflex Pacemaker Crown Graphic 34 with a Kodak Ektar 127mm f/4.7 lens.  The film is Adox CHS 100 II developed in HC110 Dilution B.

Ice Flower by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Crazy Icicle by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
Re: Last-Day-of-Christmas Weekend
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 12:13:16 AM »
This one is kind of a fail. I'm not sure if it was the film (kind of old and stored at RT for the last year or so) or the developer (also kind of old). But anyway, this is what I have so far.

This was the King Tide event actually last month. Note that the lifeguard tower is in the water. Normally even a high tide would leave 50 feet or so of beach.

Borrowed Bushman Press.
Kodak CSG x-ray @iso 200
Parodinal 1:100 x 15min

CSG-Bushman by James Harr, on Flickr
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger