Author Topic: Time for a New Post Card Exchange, anyone want to play? [now with instructions]  (Read 103569 times)

Tim

• 35mm
Just a short note from me:

I'm currently writing my master's thesis and can't find time to get my postcards ready - you'll get them for sure - just later.

Hope that's o.k.?!

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
Thanks for letting us know Tim! Best of luck on your thesis.

Francois

• Self-Coat
What a surprise Diane!
Just got a little square photo in my mailbox!
Fantastic.  :)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
I just sent out my cards today.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
Francois! Thank You! I am thrilled you like it, it is part of my new series..

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
since some have asked... this was the last card I sent. Was gonna work it more montage and maybe some stencil work.. but decided not to at the end. Now I wish I did not start glue things on.

Scan-130520-0001 by Studioesper, on Flickr
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

Miles

• Sheet Film
  • And lo, it came to pass ...
    • Just Flickr
Mine are coming through, will thank once I work out who they are all from.

Did 3 hrs in the dark room last night using second hand Ilford Post Card paper and got 13 ready to send.  Will post this week.

Cheers.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Just a quick note to say thank you to those who've sent me postcards so far. I'll respond in more detail soon.

I'm hoping my photos will be back from the printers next week, so I should be able to send out by the due date.

However, this has been a very sad week. Charlie, my former boss, best mate and best man went to work on Monday morning but never got home. He had a massive heart attack and died in the office. I can't believe it. I'm still numb.

He was 55 years old, an apparently healthy, fit (some would say skinny) non-smoker and low-volume drinker, I always expected him to outlast me by decades, even though I am only a couple of years younger.

His funeral is next Friday and I've been asked to stand up and say a few words - which I'm truly dreading. I'm also chosing the music - as that was our big "connection" initially. It's a humanist / atheist funeral, so it'll be some uplifting and raucous rock music. He would have hated to bow out to anything else.

Sorry if I'm not around for a week or two but I can't even think about photography right now.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Francois

• Self-Coat
Don't worry about the cards LD.
Take good care.

All my sympathies to the family.
Francois

Francois

• Self-Coat
Irvin, I just got your nice trees in my mailbox!
We don't see lines of trees at the end of fields too often around here.
Francois

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
Late Developer....horrible sad..we totally understand..no worries...it will happen when it happens..take care..

stevesegz

Thoughts are with you Late.....

Got yours today Diane, gorgeous piece of work. Mine have gone off today, my apologies to the queen if she is offended by some of the stamp positioning, sum of you will see what I mean. Plus as it was my first attempt at dry mounting if your card arrives without an image on the front please let me know and I will resend. It was my solution to not sending in an envelope and not wanting my print to get mangled. Hope you like?
If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera.  ~Lewis Hine

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
Thank you Steve..glad it made there in one piece.

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
After an insanely busy week I finally have time to thank properly for the cards that made their way this week - 8 of them so far , all beautiful, those that especially caught my eye were Diane wonderful card, LeonY's and Urban's BW work and Harve's abstract - really excellent! Also a huge thanks to David for the "impossible card" - as a matter of fact it is a first polaroid that I ever had in my hands.. I hope it won't prove too expensive an experience.. :))
Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
Wow Andrej, that was quick! I only sent out the cards on Wednesday. And thanks for the compliment!

Unfortunately, I have to admit that I haven't had the time to really look at everyone's cards. I will get back to you with praise when I've figured out how to hang them on the wall :)

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
I too have got Urban's very nice storefront card since last. My lot went in the mail today A prioritere. Sorry for the delay, but stamps for overseas postage are getting difficult to get hold of, your cornershop news agent no longer has them, post offices only. And most of them have been shut down. :(
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
Incredible postcards from Irvin and  Becky! worthy of display as are all those I have received! Such a wonderful treat to get a phone call from my husband while I am at work telling me I have new postcards to admire!

irv_b

• Self-Coat
I have been so delighted to get David (zapsnaps) fantastic polaroid from Madrid which looks like a totally edible giant jelly baby. Andrej's brilliant lith print and a stunner from Urban of a french storefront, many thanks guys, they certainly chase these grey skies away!

Thanks Francois and Diane so glad you enjoyed them ;-)

LEAFotography

• Peel Apart
Late D, I'm sad to hear of you loss, my thoughts will be with you as you say your goodbyes and celebrate his life next Friday...

Arriving home yesterday I was thrilled to find FOUR more cards have arrived :D :D :D :D

Andrej - thank you so much! Was a fantastic sepia letterbox and stuffed newspaper! Somewhere along the way the card became torn, but the card has been repaired carefully with clear tape - your word were prophetic ;)

Urban - thank you for your wonderful corner shop front postcard, I must re-visit France some day!

David, thank you for "wasting" a Polaroid on me :D  All my friends have been asking 'how did he make that print?' haha! I've told them this is secret ancient photographic magic and to handle it with care and encouraging them to experiment with film.

And thank you Diane for your lovely overlaid scene of ghostly comfort, what a neat method! Fab circular globe stamp too!

I feel so rich to be amongst so many talented people!

Mike Crawford

• 35mm
    • mike-crawford.co.uk
Thanks for all the postcards so far. Have been in the dark and been printing but will have to wait a couple of days till there's time to get on to the next stage of construction! Should be sent out by the end of the week.

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
After an initial flood of postcards the last week brought no joy to my mailbox. I began formulating conspiracy theories about my postal carrier. Perhaps he was a shadowy photophile who was stealing my postcards in order to add to his collection of illicitly gained images. Yeah, he looks the type to be sitting with the shades drawn, sniffing the photos, hoping to catch the lingering scent of leftover fixer. But thankfully today's mail shot that theory down in flames as I received two excellent photographs. Urban Hafner's neat street shot from Grenoble and Steve's moody English woodscape made my day. Thanks guys, I really dig these photos!

stevesegz

Glad to hear it made it Adam, the mounting was undertaken to foil your postal carriers act of vandalism as noted in previous posts.
If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera.  ~Lewis Hine

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
Thanks Steve, got your lovely woodland shot yesterday. Reminds me of my younger years galavanting around the groves and woodlands of West Mersea.
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

stevesegz

Glad you liked it, got your misty buildings this morning. Blown away by that! it is a fantastic print, thank you.

Francois

• Self-Coat
Just got Andrej's card!

A Bavarian mailbox... now that's something new. :)
Francois

Miles

• Sheet Film
    • Just Flickr

Grand, my UK cards should be with peeps by now, the Euro's and USA / Canada contingent were posted on Monday ...

Thanks for those I have so far:

Paul's Café scene from France (not near Civray 86400 are you, I'm there a lot these days)

Piet's Pola "Axe"

TK's lovely blue Alt. proc.

Diane's very professional pinhole montage (square too so bonus)

Urban's shop front (France and taken with a Coronet, Heaven my friend :-))

Steve's cool woodland

Ezzie's Mighty Telenor HQ (worked with them moons ago when I was a working with Mr Wenn)

All great stuff, can't wait for more.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
just received Urban's most beautiful entry..I love this image so much..wish it were 4 feet tall!! :) :)

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
Thanks everyone ;D

Miles: That's one of the few happy memories of living in France. There are still plenty of small stores.

Diane: It could be ;) http://urbanhafnerphotography.com/shops

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
got your awesome post today urban! Very nice!
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

Emma

I've got a selection of beautiful cards from Urban, Andrej, Diane, Irvin, Francois, Shaun, Andy and Leon. They are amazing! Proudly hanging on my wall. I only finished exams the week before last, so I'm a little behind. I'm trying to do cyanotypes, but not getting very far yet! Hopefully I'll send on time, but they may end up as very digital prints.

Thank you everyone :)
twitter: @effy_yeomans

Francois

• Self-Coat
Digital prints are OK... mine were made on nice Fuji Crystal Archive paper :)
Francois

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
I sent out for mine, printed from digital files :(

On a happier note, thanks Diane, Adam, Tony and Miles for their cards. I liked them all. It's a joy to see how different not only the subject material and photography methods are, but also how different the cards themselves are. 
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
Don't be sad Eirik ;D I think your card is beautiful and I was immediately able to recognise that it was from you!

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
Don't be sad Eirik ;D I think your card is beautiful and I was immediately able to recognise that it was from you!
Same here, Eirik! I saw it first across the room lying on the table - I thougt - Ezzie! Is that a 6x17 contact print? No. But still, wonderful image!
Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

Francois

• Self-Coat
Pretty strange but I have absolutely nothing against digital printing.
Francois

Francois

• Self-Coat
Wow! Today is a rare event!
I had two cards in the mail!
A gorgeous Impossible print from David and a beautiful beachfront (???) from Becky :)
Nice :)

It's the first time I get to handle the film from Impossible. Surprisingly good I must say.

Francois

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
Miles' card arrived with today's mail. I love the composition and tone. Really nice print. Thank you Miles. I've amassed enough cards to start hanging them all up at work. They look great all together.

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
It's the first time I get to handle the film from Impossible. Surprisingly good I must say.

Same here!

Four yesterday: Shaun's, Urban's, Andrej's, and David's Impossible print (unscathed and impressively unpostmarked). Two from Monday: Irvin and Andy. I just deleted my enthusiastic commentary on everyone's work to avoid the spoiler, just in case! But fantastic work all around. I think the exchange excites my wife as much as me.

My postcards just came back from the printer on Thursday, so I'll be addressing and mailing them today over breakfast (or at least coffee). Nothing like a deadline!

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
A beautiful work from Miles arrived yesterday! My husband like Jack's wife is always thrilled with the art finding its way to us. Especially thrilled with this latest addition as it was taken with a camera I sent Miles last year, for sure this camera is quite at home in  his hands.

Mike Crawford

• 35mm
    • mike-crawford.co.uk
All cards sent out last week. Made it before the end of the month!

Thanks for all so far, some great cards. Really like Erik's nocturnal panoramic, Urban Hafner's French street scene, Diane's atmospheric collage, Adam's polaroid and many more. And also Steve's misty woodland. Gold toned?

Too many to go into but thanks to all!

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
Finally, my postcards are off! Talk anout sliding under the deadline!! I have been lazy lately and only scanning, so I needed to get new darkroom chemistry (nervously hopes fixer is OK,haha).

BTW, the stamps i used may be reinforcing a stereotype of it always being winter in canada (despite most of you living north of my town, haha). So no,we do not always use "frosty the snowman" stamps ;-) it is just the only mail I seem to do anymore is the occasional Xmas card, so I used this as a fun way to clean out the stamp collection!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:06:23 PM by mcduff »
---------------
check out Don's stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcduffco/

Francois

• Self-Coat
Well... they're lucky to have snowy the snowman!
All I could get my hands on were a baby bear and a groundhog (or something dull like that... I can't remember).
Francois

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
Mike's postcard not only made my day, it also made me google thiocarbamide. Thank you Mike, what a great image.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
talking stamps now?
I had the reason to recently use one of my ones with photo art by swedish photographers :)

larger image here: http://hugin.info/134112/R/1590450/499654.jpg
/jonas

stevesegz

~Came back from the Filmwasters Camping trip to find Mikes print waiting for me.
What a treat, beautiful print that reminds me just how exquisite smaller prints can be.

Superb thanks Mike.

ChristopherCoy

• Peel Apart
  • Yes, you can still get film for it!
    • Being Coy
I just wanted to check in...

I have received a number of absolutely amazing cards, and they are all sitting on my kitchen table waiting for more in depth reviewing.

For one reason or another, I have been traveling every weekend since April and have not been home, except for those few days off that fall in the middle of the week. Other than that I have been all over the state of Texas, and over to Louisiana more times than I can remember - and I'll be heading back again in three weeks. We've put over 5,000 miles on the brand new car that we bought on April 20th, if that gives you any indication.

I have every intention of completing an afternoon of intense printing very soon and hope to get things in the mail ASAP. Between this exchange and the APUG exchange, I have something like 45 cards to print, and I insist on doing it by hand sooooo......

Anyway, thank you for your patience, and I apologize!
Christopher

"Film feeds my soul." ~ Keith Moss

Moiz

• Peel Apart
  • Learning my trade
    • My Tumblr
Ok, I missed the deadline but I'm still trying to get some stuff sorted. Will hopefully get them out this week.

irv_b

• Self-Coat
I got a wonderfully imaginitive and beautiful card made by Diane yesterday. I dont quite know how you done it but I'm so glad you did  ;D

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
Thank you Andrej and Miles. Two very different cards, liked them both. I feel honoured to be part of this exchange, the effort each and every one of you has put into the task.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 08:42:46 PM by Ezzie »
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

Miles

• Sheet Film
    • Just Flickr
Thanks Diane and Adam.

I love that Ansco. It's good with SFX and a filter as it can lack contrast.

Adam's and another I have now too, Carolina Farmhouse, both great.