Author Topic: Water Quality Issues--Solution  (Read 2347 times)

cpierce

• Chris Pierce Images
Water Quality Issues--Solution
« on: October 29, 2006, 04:49:45 PM »
Hi All, been reading over some of the topics about clean water, water quality and the tricks, troubles and short cuts everyone has gone through.   I wanted to share what I think is a very effective way of achieving very good quality water with the least amount of trouble, no matter what kind of water the community has, it can be done.  My darkroom is in my basement and in the Midwest United States everyone who has a basement has a dehumidifier.  The purpose of the dehumidifier is to dry the air and keep things from getting too damp.  Well, I have two dehumidifiers one for the basement drying and the other for generating pure water for my lab.  This is basically distilled water (condensate) and is great for mixing chemicals or rinsing.  It is on demand, if I need water I turn the unit on the night before and by the next day I have 4-5 gallons of pure water, more if I want it but rarely do.  I know some live in dry climates; even there you will get results.  If you want, you can even set it outside and have it run.  These units are less money overall then DI or R.O. units you would put on your taps for water, there are no filters to change, or cartridges to replace just keep the reservoir clean and free of mold or algae and you will have great water where or when every you need it. 

Chris
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 05:55:05 PM by cpierce »
Chris Pierce