Author Topic: We had a pyromaniac  (Read 1524 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
We had a pyromaniac
« on: August 17, 2021, 11:41:31 PM »
Didn't sleep much last night as yesterday evening we had a visit from a pyromaniac.
He set the neighbor's hedge on fire and my car was about 3 feet from it. Just had time to get my car out of the driveway before the fire spread to a big pine tree. A new neighbor rushed over with a fire extinguisher and dad managed to get the hose unreeled fast enough to somewhat control the blaze while the firemen were on their way. And all that time, my mom was screaming hysterically on the phone with 911 that she needed a firetruck! Must have really made the operator's day  ;D

When everything was under control, I took a few firefighter photos which hopefully won't come out too bad (I was having quite an adrenaline rush).
So, if I can finish that roll, you can expect some pictures for the weekend... I'm not expecting greatness, just not a black blurry frame.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Re: We had a pyromaniac
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 12:27:11 AM »
Wow! Is it international arson day or something? We had a few restaurants burned down last night.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 03:25:30 PM »
I really don't know what's going on these days, especially in our relatively quiet and uneventful neighborhood.
Last week it was an organized crime "silencing" with a machine gun in an apartment building just across the park at the end of the street and two days ago it was some idiot that set the hedge on fire.
Insane
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 05:54:05 PM by Francois »
Francois

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 08:31:29 PM »
Could be worse, just imagine if you had Pacific Gas and Electric in your neighborhood. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.2365264,-121.239789,9z/data=!4m3!15m2!1m1!1s%2Fg%2F11nxq2b_0c

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 08:37:23 PM »
Yep, could have been a lot worse.
I still can't believe how fast a pine tree can catch fire! When you see this, it's really scary.
And that was only one tree... just imagine an entire forest...
We'll have to replace a bit of the hedge that is really crispy.
The big pine tree touches an old birch tree in our yard. And that tree has branches over our roof. And everything is really dry as it's just too warm (another heat wave is scheduled for tomorrow).

Just processed the film. Here are the firefighters.
Francois