Author Topic: It's the Weekend - December 10-12, 2021  (Read 1085 times)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
It's the Weekend - December 10-12, 2021
« on: December 10, 2021, 05:19:42 PM »
My last photos from my adventures in the desert southwest.  Leica IIIc with Panatomic-X expired 3/1963, developed in Kodak HC-110 dilution B.  The first one was on my drive home .  I stopped at Goosenecks State Park in Utah.  After that the weather got bad so I just kept on driving until I got into Idaho where I spent the night before driving the rest of the way home the next day.  This was shot with a Leitz Summaron 3.5cm f/3.5 lens. 

Goosenecks State Park by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

This is a Sandburr, a grass seed, several of them hitched a ride on my socks while I was hiking.  I didn't realize it until I got back to my hotel room.  You don't want to step on these barefoot.  After almost hitting my head on the ceiling I did a little dance until I realized what happened.  Good thing nobody saw that, I cant dance.  I took a few of them home and shot it using a Leitz Focaslide with a Leitz Elmar 5cm f/3.5 lens and a few extension tubes.  It's just under a centimeter in size.

Sandburrs by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
Re: It's the Weekend - December 10-12, 2021
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 05:26:45 PM »

Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 08:21:28 PM »
This is a Sandburr, a grass seed, several of them hitched a ride on my socks while I was hiking.  I didn't realize it until I got back to my hotel room.  You don't want to step on these barefoot.  After almost hitting my head on the ceiling I did a little dance until I realized what happened.  Good thing nobody saw that, I cant dance.  I took a few of them home and shot it using a Leitz Focaslide with a Leitz Elmar 5cm f/3.5 lens and a few extension tubes.  It's just under a centimeter in size.
That's gotta be one of the weirdest seeds I've seen in a long time.
We do have plenty of thistle in the fields around here. But that's about as strange as it gets seed wise.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 01:25:20 AM »
Nice shots gents! I have nothing to offer this week but I just loaded the Bronica S2a with Tri-x. This will be the first roll through since I replaced the focusing screen, so I'm hoping for some nice critical focus.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 04:09:54 PM »
Two more shots from the Leidolf Lordox Jr.

Leidolf Lordox Junior / Kodak T-Max 400 in HC110
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 09:15:26 AM »
There are some lovely shots this weekend thread guys keeping up the very high standard in this forum.
Mamiya C33 and Acros in HC110

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2021, 09:16:36 AM »
thought I added this one in my post

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2021, 10:38:49 PM »
Sorry to contaminate this B&W thread with color, but at least it's redscale 😁 I've made it a pandemic habit to take a quick walk arond the block every morning. This man is always sitting in this spot smoking a pipe, and I've tried to capture a shot of him without him noticing. This is probably my fourth or fifth shot/attempt/day and I finally nailed it. Of course I didn't just ask him if I could take his picture, that would involve talking to people, are you mad?? 😂

AGAT/redscaled Gold 200 shot at 2.8 and whatever the shutter speed is on the AGAT

LEAFotography

• Peel Apart
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2021, 10:40:21 PM »
I was keen to use a roll of HP4 that expired in October 1981, unknown storage conditions until it came to me, and decided to try it at 50iso in my Solida I. It didn't sound right when I was winding it on, and unbeknown to me the backing paper had come loose from the film, and the film got exposed to light when I opened the back. At home I re-taped and rewound the film and went around town. Most of the frames had some light damage on one or two edges, but with a few usable images. Paranol S 1+50, 11m39s continuous agitation at 17.8C. With this shot I think I guesstimated the focus well!

Can I still be in the band if I'm actively salvaging film?  ;)