Author Topic: Labor Day Weekend (U.S.) September 3 to 6, 2021  (Read 1482 times)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Labor Day Weekend (U.S.) September 3 to 6, 2021
« on: September 03, 2021, 02:22:02 PM »
Some infrared shots in New Mexico.  Ricoh Diacord L with expired Konica Infrared 750 nm developed in Kodak HC-110 Dilution B.  All shot using a red filter. 

Thunderstorm Over Zuni Mountains by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Bandera Volcano by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Post Office Flat by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
Re: Labor Day Weekend (U.S.) September 3 to 6, 2021
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 02:53:03 PM »

Esopus Island, hermitage site of Aleister Crowley - https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/esopus-island
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 03:41:34 PM by 02Pilot »
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

LEAFotography

• Peel Apart
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 09:38:47 PM »
Three snaps from my trip to Scotland, taken on some of Irv's Agfa Portrait 160 shot at 100, developed and scanned by my local lab.

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 05:18:58 AM »
Cool, stored in the desert film has a whole new life. Those are great Bryan, what an unexpected treasure....on your other post.

I made a quick two day trip out into the desert Bryan speaks of, except I was about 90 miles west in the Painted Desert.
It's my place to go when I need to "reset". The Painted Desert is that place. This is on the north end, sort of...it's not in the park. Nothing matters here except hills and hills of painted dirt, mudstone and sandstone... Millions of years ago, this area was near the equator and was tropical, and had trees, now petrified, and showing us that we are just a blip on the time scale and basically matter not one iota. It's peaceful and calming here.
Enough chatter, Diana with Tri-x in caffenol.

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 09:38:46 AM »
Love those first 2 images Bryan! The infrared clouds are spectacular.

This one is from a recent day trip to cloister Arnsburg, Lich. Taken with a 5x7 pinhole camera and Adox CHS100.

Cloister Arnsburg - pinhole

Antonio

• 35mm
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2021, 03:11:59 PM »
Hi!

Fantastic infrared shots ! It's an emulsion that I've never try ... ummm
Love your cloister (+flickr), Manuel, 5x7 format!!!

Astrobeck, your geological framing and wonderful quiet  landscapes remind me one of my latest photo tours. I've some pics at the oldest mountains ridges in Madrid, Somosierra. We can find very old trees but no so big because the soil is very rocky, I guess.

mostejo by Antonio Gimeno, on Flickr

mostejo by Antonio Gimeno, on Flickr

¡Saludos!
Antonio