Author Topic: This is the First Video Made Entirely of Hand-Processed Cyanotypes...  (Read 1685 times)

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
From Peta Pixel: This is the First Video Made Entirely of Hand-Processed Cyanotypes

https://petapixel.com/2021/06/03/this-is-the-first-video-made-entirely-of-hand-processed-cyanotypes/

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
wow!
That is all.
Just wow.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
That is incredible!!!

Francois

• Self-Coat
I just started trying to count: 5000 frames x 10 minutes of exposure x 5 minutes coating time x 3 minutes development

That's an awful lot of work. I'm happy to see that as I was starting to believe that labor intensive video clips were relegated to the 80's.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

LEAFotography

• Peel Apart
This is wonderful!

Thanks for sharing the link.

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
What a find! And what a project.
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

grit

• Silver and Platinum (my YouTube channel)
Wow, that's incredible work!

Someone should do this with platinotype for the most expensive music video ever :)

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
I just started trying to count: 5000 frames x 10 minutes of exposure x 5 minutes coating time x 3 minutes development

That's an awful lot of work. I'm happy to see that as I was starting to believe that labor intensive video clips were relegated to the 80's.

I think they probably coated a roll of paper and then contact
printed a couple of long strips of film side by side. Still a lot of work though.

P.S. Oops, my internet has come back on and I read the story now. Yes, that is a lot of prints.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 01:40:37 PM by ManuelL »

irv_b

• Self-Coat
Some people don't make it easy for themselves do they. That was great work,even though I didn't like the song particularly, I can apppreciate the art behind it
Thanks for posting