Author Topic: Development times for peel-apart  (Read 900 times)

choppert

• Sheet Film
  • ChopperT
Development times for peel-apart
« on: September 16, 2011, 08:33:54 AM »
Hello,

Really dim question:

I'm using some Fuji 3000B, and the development time looks to be about 20 seconds at room temperature.

Will it over-develop if I leave it for longer.  Will over-development mean a dark print.

Found a post on the web that it is 'self-terminating'?  Does that mean I can leave it for a whole minute before peeling apart?

Are Polaroid and TIP any different?

Thanks,

Chops
"Photography is about failure" - Garry Winogrand

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Re: Development times for peel-apart
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 09:00:41 AM »
I believe this has already been replied few times before in old posts, and basically all peel-apart films are self terminated except very few ones. My only but is that if you do not peel the film for few hours part of the emulsion sticks to the positive; but then you can wash the photo and remove that sticky emulsion. Yes it sounds bit barbaric...  ::)

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 12:24:52 PM »
Are Polaroid and TIP any different?
As well as what has already been said about self-termination, Polaroid peel-apart and TIP are different films. Unless TIP has started making peel-apart, their film is integral? Skj.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 04:13:29 PM »
TIP only makes integral film as they don't have the equipment to do peel apart. They did manage to buy leftover bulk Polaroid film for various formats... but it's all older stuff.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.