Author Topic: ORWO color film! Wolfen NC500  (Read 633 times)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
ORWO color film! Wolfen NC500
« on: December 22, 2022, 05:25:17 PM »
This is exciting, new color film.  It looks like they are sold out right now but they say they can produce 1,000 to 2,000 canisters per day.  Freestyle says they will have it back in stock on December 31. 

Thank you for your patience. We’ve finished manufacturing on THREE colour products and are lining up new black and white manufacturing runs for next year. After a lot of hard work, we have finally resolved our bottleneck with the all important cartridging.

We are very excited to confirm that we have established a completely new partnership for our photo-finishing. After many meetings with potential vendors, we are now ready to power ahead with the long overdue packaging and shipping. This partnership will allow us to confection more than 1000-2000 canisters a day, almost immediately!

Pre-orders will now ship directly to you from our three locations in Europe, USA and UK depending on your shipping address.

Next, you spoke and we listened. Inspired by you, our ORWO photographic stock will now be packaged in an eco-friendly plastic. This can be recycled which in turn, making us as manufacturers, and you as consumers, more environmentally friendly every single time you use a reel of ORWO. So no more DX coded steel canisters, or cardboard box. Minimise waste!

We are still making a limited number of reels in the traditional packaging to satisfy the legacy users and previous orders already made. However, our aim is to always make sure that we are doing this at a strict minimum and then eventually eliminating in the near future.

However, regardless of its packaging you will always be able to enjoy the high quality results of ORWO film every single time you expose your shots.
In addition to this, you may have noticed that our Colour Cine stocks have been released! Last week we started with a huge flash sale. Flash sales will become quite common place… basically every time that there is a bulk order for a movie, there will be a limited time flash sale. This flash sale was created by a sale of bulk colour cine stock which is to be used on an upcoming WW1 feature film production in the UK in January. So always be keeping your eyes peeled for whenever we have these flash sales for all of our exciting new Motion Picture releases.

It’s an exciting time to be a user of ORWO Film and we appreciate your patience.

Have a fantastic Christmas and New Year

https://www.orwo.shop/products/wolfen-nc500

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: ORWO color film! Wolfen NC500
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 08:51:10 PM »
That is totally unexpected.
I know Orwo had a subcontractor bail on them after the production of the first batch (well, I think the coating company they did business with actually went bankrupt).
I'm really glad that they managed to get the production started again as I was quite enthusiastic about seeing something new that isn't Lomo Turquoise hit the shops.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.