Author Topic: Dianne Bos  (Read 1406 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
Dianne Bos
« on: July 21, 2008, 10:36:16 PM »
While reading the August edition of House & Home, I stumbled on an article about Canadian based photographer Dianne Bos. She works exclusively with pinholes. I thought summing up her bio here might be of some interest to some...

Dianne Bos was born in 1956 from Dutch parents and grew up in Dundas (province of Ontario, Canada)

During the 80's, she was a keyboard player and lead singer for a band called "Perfect World". Playing with the band even got her an award for "most promising female vocalist" in 1986 (she was 30). When the band started to work, she had enough of the business aspect of running the group and decided to become a photographer (photographers have to deal with fewer people and therefore are free to pursue true artistic goals). While shooting videos with the band, she remembered her love for nature.

In the early 1990's, a bandmate went to the UK to work for Peter Gabriel. She was invited to come and visit the studio. She brought a camera along with her book and managed to meet Peter Gabriel and his producer, Daniel Lanois. They were amazed by her pictures and bought some for decorating a studio in New Orleans. Peter Gabriel decided to run a profile of her work in his magazine (The Box). She instantly began to get orders for record covers.

She now lives in Calgary (Alberta, Canada) where she holds a teaching position at the Alberta College of Art and Design. During the Summer, she moves to the Languedoc region of France with her husband (who teaches modern literature).

Her work sells for between 1,000$ and 5,000$ (can) for prints ranging from 8x10 inches to 48x48 inches (color and B&W).

Here is her portfolio site:
http://www.diannebos.com/
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

tijeras

Re: Dianne Bos
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 11:53:03 PM »
Thanks for reminding me of her work....she does some interesting things with light that represents stars and galaxies and such.
Very inspirational stuff.
 :)