Author Topic: Sweet is the Memory  (Read 1135 times)

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
Sweet is the Memory
« on: June 21, 2008, 02:08:14 AM »
I am going to miss Spectra film something fierce...

...thanks for looking.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine

rdbkorn

• Error-Prone
Re: Sweet is the Memory
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 06:20:08 AM »
You have a true talent for putting together a strong sequence of images. Any one of these images might be found in the family snapshot album ("Oh look, there's Billy playing in the river"). But together these images have a sweet tenderness, and as I often find with your work there's a vague, but compelling, narrative.

eyecaramba

• Reject from Richmond
    • Eye Caramba
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 07:18:16 PM »
The first one is really lovely.  Beck.  I snagged a bunch of spectra film recently myself.  It reminds me of the contraceptive sponges episode from Seinfeld.  Where Elaine's favorite sponge was discontinued and she then had to decide if any particular man was sponge worthy as her supplies dwindled.  At one point she had a closet full I think.

Spectra worthiness is the new Sponge worthiness.
My chopstick is really a love poem.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 11:56:38 PM »
Lovely as a series. 1 and 3 strong on their own. 1 strongest. Loved the description of "a vague but compelling narrative"...I'd go with that 100%.

Keep it up, no matter what the film.

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 01:47:43 AM »
Gordon, that made laugh. We seem to be on the same channel with the magic sponge. I just commented on Ed's the other day.

Thanks everyone. This series with the instant film and kids is my favorite work since dropping my other muse. She gave up on me, sadly. I have these shots in a small picture book and they look rather nice as a whole. I love working with Eddie....we talk about his bouts with HDD and so on and he tells me bits and pieces how he copes and such. He asked if I knew he was sick....well, yes, Eddie...I do. He said, I know, but I am awight and I am not cwazy you know. Shucks. He has a hard time with speech and using the letter r. He is going to make me a book with drawings and text this week. I hope to share those somehow.

Thanks again folks....means a lot.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine