Author Topic: Waiting in Stratford Upon Avon  (Read 2442 times)

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
Waiting in Stratford Upon Avon
« on: February 02, 2015, 11:29:32 PM »
I had to wait for my M.O.T so I went for a walk, then I had to wait a bit longer while some costly work was carried out to get it through the M.O.T. I had my Olympus Trip (Fuji 200) and Mamiya C220 (Ektar 100) with me.

verianthomas.com
Last Updated: 21/11/2014
Instagrrrrrrrram & Flickr: verian67
Twitter: verian

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: Waiting in Stratford Upon Avon
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 12:40:33 PM »
Nice photos, Verian. Isn't the one with the chap walking past the blue lamp-post near "The Dirty Duck" (Black Swan)?  Years since I was there but always loved Stratford in winter when there weren't quite so many tourists knocking about.  Many a happy hour spent quaffing "Flowers" in the Sir John Garrick.

Incidentally, my car's in for MOT on Friday and I know I need two tyres for the rear (which is £400+) before they find anything else...... :o  :'(
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 01:41:43 PM »
Nice photos, Verian. Isn't the one with the chap walking past the blue lamp-post near "The Dirty Duck" (Black Swan)?  Years since I was there but always loved Stratford in winter when there weren't quite so many tourists knocking about.  Many a happy hour spent quaffing "Flowers" in the Sir John Garrick.

Incidentally, my car's in for MOT on Friday and I know I need two tyres for the rear (which is £400+) before they find anything else...... :o  :'(

Thank you. I'm not sure what the place is called, it's opposite and up abit from the RSC, here is the actual lampost!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.190067,-1.704894,3a,75y,334.8h,71t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sBFkW3u8Ic2GMUOVZyHphjA!2e0

I like Stratford out of season as well, it can get ridiculously busy at times. I had a nice quiet walk and there was hardly anybody about.

My M.O.T came in at £894.00 when I was only expecting half that, but it keeps me on the road for another year. I hope yours isn't double what you expect as well!
verianthomas.com

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 04:25:56 PM »
a much different Avon and Stratford that I'm familiar with. Mcduff and HungryMike might agree!

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 03:06:55 PM »

Thank you. I'm not sure what the place is called, it's opposite and up abit from the RSC, here is the actual lampost!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.190067,-1.704894,3a,75y,334.8h,71t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sBFkW3u8Ic2GMUOVZyHphjA!2e0

I like Stratford out of season as well, it can get ridiculously busy at times. I had a nice quiet walk and there was hardly anybody about.

My M.O.T came in at £894.00 when I was only expecting half that, but it keeps me on the road for another year. I hope yours isn't double what you expect as well!

Sheeesh! Really sorry to hear that. I got off unscathed.  Most unexpected  :o  The MOT centre tested the tyres and they're still within required tolerances (methinks the not-so-kwik tyre fitting centre that told me I needed new tyres might have been "mistaken".  Anyway, £40 for the MOT instead of £400 for two tyres means I might be taking Mrs LD for a meal on Valentine's Day.

The lamp post is about 100 metres further towards the RSC / Other Place.  The Black Swan used to be a great place before / after a performance but the Sir John Garrick was always my favourite.  I must have a run up there before Spring and the tourist buses get back in full swing.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 04:52:50 PM »
Very nice!
I like the character of the Mamiya lens (have a C33 myself). It has a kind of soft glow to it.

Kayos

• Peel Apart
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 11:39:36 AM »
Excellent shots of a nice place

Almost £900 for an MOT would have my Yorkshireman out in force, I don't think I could hand that much over in one go!

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 11:46:00 AM »
Very nice!
I like the character of the Mamiya lens (have a C33 myself). It has a kind of soft glow to it.

I think this camera is probably my favorite at the moment (it was my Rolleiflex but that broke)
verianthomas.com

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 11:47:01 AM »

Sheeesh! Really sorry to hear that. I got off unscathed.  Most unexpected  :o  The MOT centre tested the tyres and they're still within required tolerances (methinks the not-so-kwik tyre fitting centre that told me I needed new tyres might have been "mistaken".  Anyway, £40 for the MOT instead of £400 for two tyres means I might be taking Mrs LD for a meal on Valentine's Day.

The lamp post is about 100 metres further towards the RSC / Other Place.  The Black Swan used to be a great place before / after a performance but the Sir John Garrick was always my favourite.  I must have a run up there before Spring and the tourist buses get back in full swing.

Congratulations! My wallet is still refusing to talk to me after mine!
verianthomas.com

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 11:48:24 AM »
Excellent shots of a nice place

Almost £900 for an MOT would have my Yorkshireman out in force, I don't think I could hand that much over in one go!

Thanks. It was rather more than I had expected, probably 1/5th of what the car is now worth!
verianthomas.com