Author Topic: Chronophoto Game  (Read 710 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
Chronophoto Game
« on: October 25, 2023, 05:59:01 PM »
I just got this in my morning news.
https://www.chronophoto.app/

It's a game where you need to date the photos. 1000 points if you get it right. Years are subtracted for every year you are off.
Here's my scores for today's challenge

I got a score of 4226 on today's Chronophoto: 2023-10-25
Round 1: 1000✅
Round 2: 453
Round 3: 849
Round 4: 924
Round 5: 1000✅
https://www.chronophoto.app/daily.html

I'm pretty proud of my two perfect guesses 😊
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
Re: Chronophoto Game
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2023, 08:11:15 PM »
Hi Francois

That's good fun, you did better than me. I got two rounds at one year out, but I really blew it on the last round. At total of 3313.  :)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2023, 11:15:24 PM »
Hey Nigel!
Long time no see! 😃

So, what's you been up to all this time?

I feel like we haven't chatted in years.
Francois

Nigel

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2023, 08:26:03 AM »
Hey Nigel!
Long time no see! 😃

So, what's you been up to all this time?

I feel like we haven't chatted in years.

I'm well, thank you. I hope you are too.

I was working on some documentary projects locally. With that and the day job the days just disappear. I do pop in and lurk every so often, but I've not been shooting much film, so I don't have a lot to show.

Having said that. I have nearly bought one of these several times. https://www.pinstacamera.com/ Have you seen them?

website

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2023, 03:35:48 PM »
I've never seen those. It reminds me a lot of the one made by Ethan Moses at Cameradactyl.

Like you, I haven't had much time last summer to go out and shoot film. Or digital for that matter.
Currently, I'm pretty much overworked and massively underpaid. Being alone to take care of most of the stuff that needs to be done around the house while taking care of my parents (they're still physically doing pretty good I must say) simply leaves me spent and tired...
Heck, I found four abandoned cars in a city depot and haven't had either the time or the energy to go there!

And BTW, on yesterday's Chronophoto daily challenge, I did have an unfair advantage as one of the photos was taken in Montreal, so it was easy for me to date it 😉.

Have you been stumbling on any cool used cameras lately?
Francois

Nigel

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2023, 09:02:19 PM »
I'm glad to hear that your parents are still well. I know we all say it as we get older, but time really does seem to speed up!

If been incredibly restrained on the camera front. I have recently dug out two old Afga Isolettes. One is a type II, that has a very tight focus thread. I know it needs taking apart but I'm a little scared that I'll f*** it up.

I've been meaning to post about the type III, but haven't gotten around to it. I changed the bellows and when I went to test it the shutter 'blades' (whatever they're called) have fallen off inside the shutter!  :o You can just see the in this photo. I've taken the shutter out and someone has removed the screws that hold seem to hold it together. Apart from buying another Isolette for the shutter, I'm not sure what to do, it's a great camera, but I have no idea what size those tiny screws are. Do you have any good suggestions?

website

Nigel

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2023, 09:03:25 PM »
I didn't make it clear, it's the three screws on the back that are missing.

website

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2023, 09:34:25 PM »
Do you have any good suggestions?

You could send it to me. I'm not as familiar with Compurs as I am Copals but I've fixed a few in the past. As long as you're in no hurry. PM me if you want Nigel.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Nigel

• Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2023, 08:39:22 AM »

You could send it to me. I'm not as familiar with Compurs as I am Copals but I've fixed a few in the past. As long as you're in no hurry. PM me if you want Nigel.

Hi Peter, it's good to hear from you. That's very generous. I might take you up on it as long as you'll take some film or something in exchange.

website

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2023, 03:36:09 PM »
When it comes to tiny screws, I usually order a bunch of different sizes on Aliexpress and try them out one by one to figure out what size it really is.
But I must admit that it's always a real pain when the screws are missing or have been lost through an unfortunate tipping of the assembly by the person trying to fix it (note to self... don't tip the darn thing 🙄).

I must admit that I had a good camera hoarding summer as I found a bunch of Minoltas at prices I couldn't pass up.
Francois

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2023, 10:16:55 PM »

Hi Peter, it's good to hear from you. That's very generous. I might take you up on it as long as you'll take some film or something in exchange.
Nothing required Nigel. I'm retired. Sometimes i just need something to do.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."