Author Topic: Weekend 14 to 16 July  (Read 833 times)

Harvey

• Peel Apart
    • Meandering Extracts
Weekend 14 to 16 July
« on: July 14, 2023, 08:37:25 PM »
I've been going to Norfolk a bit recently. Those who see me on Instagram will recognise this but I'm hoping that because it's the right size for that it'll be easy for me to post here. I'm terrible at resizing photos because they're on another non-internet machine and I'm lazy!

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: Weekend 14 to 16 July
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 09:13:16 PM »
That's really cool Harvey, looks like a charcoal drawing. 

My wife bought this carnivorous pitcher plant at a local street fair last year.  I wasn't sure it was going to survive the winter but, not only did it survive, it shot this crazy flower out.  Graflex Pacemaker Crown Graphic 34 with Kodak Anastigmat 170mm f/6.3.  The film is expired GAF Versapan Type 2831 developed in Rodinal 1:50. 
Sarracenia by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 11:32:01 PM »
Feed Me
Said the plant... I know, I couldn't resist thinking about the Little Shop Of Horrors  ;D

We've been without power for some time now... there was a series of tornadoes in the region, but the house is safe and undamaged.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 01:31:25 AM »
Wow Harvey!
That is an exceptional photo...I too think it looks like a charcoal. Quite nice!!!

My offering is from a trip downtown Albuquerque the other day.
RETO wide and slim which is a total clone of the Vivitar wide and slim.
Arista swished in caffenol.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2023, 03:26:39 PM »
Home of fusion?
Hope they have a good containment unit in there, it's already hot enough in Albuquerque that there's really no need to have an artificial sun in the downtown area 😛
Francois

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2023, 05:33:27 PM »
Home of fusion?
Hope they have a good containment unit in there, it's already hot enough in Albuquerque that there's really no need to have an artificial sun in the downtown area 😛

Fusion is also a music style, but I must say the rehearsal space looks rather cramped. Nice shot, Becky!
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2023, 05:36:27 PM »
Wonderful shot Harvey, I really liked it.

My SX70 films are overdue as well as the Spectra films, I need to buy less and more often. Two shots from Stavanger Harbour.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2023, 06:05:30 PM »
Home of fusion?

Fusion is also a music style, but I must say the rehearsal space looks rather cramped. Nice shot, Becky!
Probably referring to cuisine.  My favorite was in New Orleans, The Asian Cajun. 

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2023, 10:25:44 PM »
Home of fusion?

Probably referring to cuisine.  My favorite was in New Orleans, The Asian Cajun.
I know that Jazz Fusion is pretty hot (UZEB or Casiopea anyone?), but it's not as hot as atoms getting squeezed into a tiny space until they merge and release a ton of energy while producing different atoms...

It's just that I couldn't resist this Mensa level joke 😁
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 10:33:37 PM by Francois »
Francois

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2023, 12:58:12 PM »
A few weeks ago I popped down to Arundel to do a bit of wide angle stuff. I shot a roll of Kodak ColorPlus which has been loitering in my fridge (and then freezer) since pre-Covid with my Vivitar Ultra Wide and Slim, but I won't be processing that for a while as i need go shoot my old colour film stash so I've got enough ready to go to be worth my while buying a C41 kit.
I did shoot a roll of Rollei Retro 80S in my Bessa-L fitted with 15mm Aspherical Super-Wide Heliar, and went out to try and work that wide angle.
Developed the roll this weekend and here are a few. That 15mm is v  e  r  y      w  i  d  e and tricky to use and I did get my fingers in some shots!