Author Topic: t𝓱E 𝕎EE𝕂EŇ𝓭  (Read 801 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
t𝓱E 𝕎EE𝕂EŇ𝓭
« on: May 05, 2023, 02:57:23 PM »
I just scanned some of my Pinhole Day photos, so I thought I'd start the weekend off with one.
Paper negative on the PINH5AD camera with the 90mm cone.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: t𝓱E 𝕎EE𝕂EŇ𝓭
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 05:45:50 PM »
This was my Pinhole Day submission.  The weather was bad for pinhole photography, cloudy and some light rain.  I had to shield my camera from the rain a few times.  To reduce the exposure time for each shot I shortened the focal length to reduce the aperture.  Unfortunately that sacrificed the sharpness of the image. 

Camera - Voigtländer 116 Roll Film Camera, the lens was replaced with a pinhole.
Pinhole - 0.5mm,
Focal length - 95mm,
Aperture - f/190,
Exposure - 8 minutes,
Film - Kodak Panatomic-X 70mm film, expired March, 1972.
Development - Beer

Tree on the Slough by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 05:46:01 PM »
In early 1981, I borrowed a Pen FT and, based on the images likely the 38/1.8, and shot half a roll of Pan X. I knew I had the film in my archive but hadn't scanned it and had managed to forget most of the images. I rediscovered it this week when looking for a completely unrelated image for a friend. Serendipity strikes again!

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 09:50:52 PM »
This was my Pinhole Day submission.  The weather was bad for pinhole photography, cloudy and some light rain.  I had to shield my camera from the rain a few times.  To reduce the exposure time for each shot I shortened the focal length to reduce the aperture.  Unfortunately that sacrificed the sharpness of the image. 
Yeah, I was a really sad day for me too. We had about 30 minutes of sunshine, but after that it started to pour.
As for me, I was stuck with a 90mm cone and a 0.2mm shutter (f/225). So I really had to hurry, especially since we could see the clouds moving in.
Maybe it's going to be better next year... and maybe my nightmare 35mm pinhole will be completed by that time and give me something else to use.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2023, 10:18:58 AM »
Three nice shots there, guys!
I was out this week testing an uncoated Zeiss Sonnar 1.5/50 from 1937. Not much contrast although I had a yellow filter on it. But it was an overcast day with rather flat light. Both of these were shot at f8.0.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2023, 10:27:29 AM »
I tried to get some old decaying hut on my way back from work last weekend and this was the best I got. Not very exciting but enough to keep me happy.
Chamonix 45n and FP4+