Author Topic: Weekend last day of March  (Read 733 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
Weekend last day of March
« on: March 31, 2023, 03:38:18 PM »
Some more color!
From that roll of very expired Konica.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
Re: Weekend last day of March
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 06:07:40 PM »
Nice colours, Francois! I shot some Konica films around 10 years ago, I quite liked them. I haven't shot colour for many months now, my favourite Kodak Portra is now so horribly expensive. The new Wolfen colour film looks good, maybe I should try a few of those.

Contax N1 / Zeiss Distagon 3.5/35 (645) / Rollei RPX 400 in Adox XT-3
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 06:12:28 PM »
Is that Konica 160?  I have a bulk roll of 4cm (127 format) Konica 160 that expired in 2006 and still looks great. 

I recently picked up a bulk roll of Adox HR-50.  Rather than buying the special developer they make for it I wanted to see how it does in beer.  I bracketed each shot at ISO 50, 25 and 12.  Very little difference in the bracketing shot in lightly overcast conditions so it has great latitude.  The beer works really well with this film.  I didn't use any filters for this test.  This film has a very wide sensitivity from below 350nm to above 750nm.  That puts it into the infrared range so I'll have to see how that does on a sunny day with a red filter.  These were shot with a Kodak Retina I Type 141.

These Canadians come down here and just poop all over the place.  Francoise, can you have a word with them when they head back up there?
Canadian Geese by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Two Trees and a Hedge by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 10:02:29 PM »
It was some old Konica SXG 100 that I rated at 25.
I must admit that I was rather surprised by the results. I was expecting to see lots of fog and mud, but there was none of it. Also, the base of the film is not orange but pink, something that gave a hard time to my cheap scanner as it didn't know what to think. On the negative, there are a lot of deep magenta and bright cyan areas, not a common thing either.

I'm lucky to have filled my freezer years ago before prices became insane like today. For doing color, it might be worth getting a bulk of movie film and spooling from that.

Kai: You might want to look into a company called Flic Film. They are located in Alberta and re-spool movie film. The big difference with Cinestill is that they don't remove the remjet on the film. They carry their 100 ISO film at Fotoimpex (around 16 euro).
Francois

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 01:34:03 AM »
Wow!
that's quite nice old colour Francois. Really nice.

Mine's from today during some tests I made with Instax wide loaded in a 3D printed pinhole camera, then reloaded in an Instax graflok back to develop it.
Yep, a lot of fussing around, but it was a nice day and I had nothing else to do but play with pinholes.

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 12:32:42 PM »
So having had a bit of a windfall lately I'm in a better position to go out and do some filmwasting than I've been for a few years. But I do have a load of out of date film which I've been keeping in the fridge or freezer so should probably do something with that before I buy more film. So I stuck a three year out of date roll of Ilford Delta 3200 in my Spotmatic F and had a day by the sea, even though the weather was a bit crap.

Grainy as heck, but I like that. Maybe next time I get a roll I'll shoot it on a camera where i have some filters to fit.

I'm pretty sure there's a bit less of Brighton's ruined West Pier than there was last time I saw it over three years ago.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 02:46:17 PM »
So having had a bit of a windfall lately I'm in a better position to go out and do some filmwasting than I've been for a few years. But I do have a load of out of date film which I've been keeping in the fridge or freezer so should probably do something with that before I buy more film. So I stuck a three year out of date roll of Ilford Delta 3200 in my Spotmatic F and had a day by the sea, even though the weather was a bit crap.

Grainy as heck, but I like that. Maybe next time I get a roll I'll shoot it on a camera where i have some filters to fit.

I'm pretty sure there's a bit less of Brighton's ruined West Pier than there was last time I saw it over three years ago.
You haven't seen grainy until you put it in a half frame camera and pushed it to 6400 😉
Francois