Author Topic: Plink plink fizz...  (Read 794 times)

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
Plink plink fizz...
« on: May 20, 2019, 11:55:31 PM »
Here's an interesting thing I just came across:-

https://emulsive.org/articles/news/a-new-tetenal-product-for-and-from-the-film-community

"An effervescent tablet form of E6 and C41 developer chemicals would have many advantages. First and perhaps foremost, a tablet has an almost unlimited shelf life and requires extremely little storage space. For home users with small darkrooms, this would ease storage space problems and eliminate wasted liquid chemicals that had “gone bad” in the time between developing one batch of film until the next."

That could be nifty if they bring it to production. I've had dev kits go off on me because I didn't shoot as much colour as I'd intended and wound up with very thin negatives.  Having a batch of fizzy lozenges to reconstitute as needed would be a lot more flexible, as the last few years I've ended up shoving all my exposed colour films in the fridge and not developing them for months while I'd built up a backlog.

Should also cut packing and shipping costs.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Re: Plink plink fizz...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 01:16:16 PM »
Woah, that's actually brilliant. So these will essentially be single-use tablets? I wonder how cost effective they will be compared to the current box of powder that gives you a liter that can technically be used up to 20 (or more) times...

I also have the problem of not shooting enough color and my C41 chems going bad after 4 uses/6 months in storage :(

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 02:23:17 PM »
I would definitely buy this, at the very least to complement the regular powder kits. I wonder how many rolls per tablet? Probably one single load of 500ml, I guess.
Instagram: @_shaken.not.stirred

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 02:50:20 PM »
Or just do like I probably would and try and push as many rolls through a single bath as physically possible  ;D
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.