Author Topic: Interesting article  (Read 802 times)

Alan

• Self-Coat
Interesting article
« on: September 25, 2012, 05:28:00 PM »
... which states in some countries film sales are stable !

page 19 >

http://www.showdailys.com/E-publisher/Photokina2012_day2/

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: Interesting article
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 08:45:42 AM »
It would appear that the end of the world is nigh......iPhone toting hipsters are taking over the world  :o

1. Professional photographers and those who have jumped on the digital bandwagon are have Nikon, Canon and a couple of others to thank for creating digital "cameras" with sufficient pixels and functionality to mimic / compete with 35mm and moving towards MF...... Splinter / niche products like "mirrorless 4/3rds" are challenging SLRs.

2. We filmies are being supported by Fuji + a couple of others who are developing new emulsions (+ TiP). Who knows what the hell Kodak is up to 'cos they don't seem to

3. Lomo and other niche lo-fi products are "in" right now

4. iPhones (and other mobile phones) have now incorporated cameras sufficiently capable of fulfilling the day-to-day needs of their owners (especially if the phone is equipped with apps to make the photos look like they've been taken using cameras belonging to Lomo and Diana users....)

5. Digital point and shoot caneras seem to be going the way of the Dodo.

There's never been more choice available but I'm attracted to very little of it beyond traditional film. Maybe I'm the Dodo?
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

John Robison

• Sheet Film
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 03:21:30 PM »
Must be missing something at my end. I read all content on page 19 and did not see any mention of film at all.

Alan

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 03:52:59 PM »
snippet from pg19 >