Author Topic: The very, very long bank holiday weekend has already started  (Read 1717 times)

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
This was my first outing with a camera since last September so I took two on a walk on a fine day by the river. I've posted a few on Flickr and IG but just one on here each of the same subject.

I was gifted a Mess-Baldix last month so that had to come out with a roll of Tri-x. It's the first time I've sent a roll out for processing in over twenty years, but since there was also a colour roll it definitely saved hassle, and The Darkroom in Cheltenham is a very clean operator.

22-05-31-0007a by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

The Isolette Hacktoy is a renewal of an old type that I put together in 2014, but with a different piece of glass in its eye. I simply could not find my original Voigtlander Bessa 66 rear element. It must be somewhere, but in the meantime I found this other one that was mounted but had never been used. I've no idea where it came from. Fuji Pro 400H.

22-05-31-0016a by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: The very, very long bank holiday weekend has already started
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 10:28:35 PM »
Sandeha, that second one looks like a flipped meniscus lens, like I do with the Kodak Brownie Hawkeye.  Try putting a closeup adapter in front of it. 

Here's more from my recent trip to Los Angeles.  Leica IIf with a Leitz Summaron 3.5cm f/3.5 lens. The film is Kodak Panatomic-X expired 3/1963, developed in Rodinal 1:50.

Anti aircraft gun in case someone tries to attack the Port of Los Angeles.  You can see the USS Ohio conning tower in the fog in the background.
Anti Aircraft Gun by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Angels Gate by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Jaguar 1956 XK-140 MC Roadster by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 05:15:38 PM »
Sandeha, that second one looks like a flipped meniscus lens, like I do with the Kodak Brownie Hawkeye.  Try putting a closeup adapter in front of it. 

LOL. I'd have to ask, using my finest voice impression of Talos, "Why would I ...?"  ;)

The lens is performing just as it's supposed to, I just don't remember what it came from. And you may be right in it being from a meniscus camera as opposed to being a rear element from a triplet lens - here's a sample from the 2014 rear element:

140926_fp4_03 by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2022, 08:32:06 PM »

LOL. I'd have to ask, using my finest voice impression of Talos, "Why would I ...?"  ;)

The lens is performing just as it's supposed to, I just don't remember what it came from. And you may be right in it being from a meniscus camera as opposed to being a rear element from a triplet lens - here's a sample from the 2014 rear element:

To get closer and more blur on the edges.

Riley Closeup by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 10:12:49 PM »
The outer frame area of the negative is indecipherable, so these are always cropped in to where the blurs begin to make sense.

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2022, 10:51:30 PM »
10 Downing Street, October 1945. After the war ended, my dad had several months before he was scheduled to return home, so he spent a bit of time traveling around the UK, plus 6 weeks of art school in Paris.

The original negative is 4x5, but I'm not sure of the camera, perhaps an Army-issue Speed Graphic.

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2022, 02:27:48 PM »
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2022, 03:08:03 PM »
Saturday morning finally got around to developing a roll of Ilford SFX 200 which I shot in my Bessa-L fitted with 25mm Snapshot Skopar, for which I had a red filter that fit. Shot in May when I had to go into London for a hospital appointment and decided to play tourist.

In order:-
The Shard.
On Westminster Bridge with County Hall and the London Eye in the background.
Recently renovated 'Elizabeth Tower' as they're calling it these days.
Statue of Mary Seacole outside St Thomas' Hospital

kentish cob

• Peel Apart
  • I've a photographic memory, but it's out of film!
    • tony steers photography
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 08:17:46 PM »
I can see the pub from here!

From four (old) rolls dev'd this weekend, with only limited appeal and success... I think my OM4 tends towards underexposure   :(

This is "the huntsman's horn", no more than a ten minute amble from my front door, so I can describe as my local, despite seldom visiting.
I guess, like the film manufacturers we all try to support, it's in danger of disappearing and being turned into houses if it becomes unprofitable... so I'll quickly hit "post" and pop up the road for a pint...

OM4 - ORWO N74 in R09.
Merveille de Bollwiller.
A hardy, vigorous and productive variety with large nuts!

http://www.steers-gallery.co.uk/
http://www.putaframearoundit.co.uk/