Author Topic: Voigtlander beauty pageant?  (Read 970 times)

MJL

• 35mm
Voigtlander beauty pageant?
« on: January 30, 2022, 08:38:07 PM »
I was researching for images on Mercedes Ponto in 1950s' and stumble across this photo with big "Voigtlander" banner on the car and the woman ribbon.

Did Voigtlander sponsored some sort of Beauty or Photo Pageant in Sweden (I presume the picture was taken there) during that period?

I don't see a camera or lens anywhere, so it cannot be just a company ad.

Sign on the car top according to Google translate - Bring you camera.  For present and future.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 09:01:10 PM by MJL »
Addicted to Kodachrome, Medium Formats, Polaroid, Russian lenses and big shinny objects.

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: Voigtlander beauty pageant?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 09:10:45 PM »
It probably was some float in some type of parade...
I don't think they would have organized a beauty pageant, but more probably hire a model (or just take the cute girl in the office) to wear the banner.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

MJL

• 35mm
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 06:20:54 PM »
The street is too quiet for a parade to me.  May be a photo shot or press event?

I don't know the Job Description for their female employee in 1950s include "sitting pretty" on a hood (or bonnet). ;)

BTW, what was their fastest lens in film era?  They have a 29 mm f/0.8 currently claimed as the fastest off-the-shelf lens, but only in digital camera (MTF) mount.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 06:39:38 PM by MJL »
Addicted to Kodachrome, Medium Formats, Polaroid, Russian lenses and big shinny objects.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 09:05:38 PM »
Depends if you're looking for attached to a camera or removable.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.