Author Topic: The Pinhole Perspective - video  (Read 903 times)

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
The Pinhole Perspective - video
« on: June 07, 2016, 08:12:19 AM »
"A short film about three retired guys from Kendal who share a common interest in producing photographic images using the early technology of pinhole cameras."
https://vimeo.com/4197527

this video makes me look forward to keeping on shooting with friends for a long time :)

gotta love this line too:
"Taking photographs through such a tiny hole has enabled us to see the world in a totally different way"
/jonas

John Robison

• Sheet Film
Re: The Pinhole Perspective - video
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 09:20:44 PM »
Thanks for sharing that link. It reminds me to take a day with a few 4x5 film holders and my homemade camera. For myself that's one appeal of pinhole, it lends itself so well to do it yourself cameras.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 10:45:31 PM »
I must admit that this is quite true... you see the world differently through a tiny hole.
And strangely, when I use a pinhole camera I tend to also feel very different than most other folks. And I'm sure that their opinion of me is also very different.

Funny thing is I spent decades trying unsuccessfully to blend in and when I use a handmade camera, I always have both great satisfaction and a bit of fear about the way they could react to a man with a strange looking wood box on a tripod.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

John Robison

• Sheet Film
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 12:51:48 AM »
It's a bit odd, but around these parts I don't get paid much notice standing there for several seconds or more, looking at my watch. One time though, a beautiful young girl approached and asked several questions about pinhole photography. I'm a baggy eyed, pot gut old man so it sure wasn't my good looks that attracted her. When I got back to the apartment I told the missus that this thing, the pinhole camera was a 'girl magnet'. She got a kick out of that.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 02:25:36 PM »
I can see that ;D
And I can just imagine the scene...

Though I did notice that the older the camera I use, the more positive comments I get from strangers.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.