Author Topic: First Weekend of December 2018  (Read 1449 times)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
First Weekend of December 2018
« on: November 30, 2018, 05:51:45 PM »
Keystone Panorama Easy Shot 455P with Kosmo Foto Mono 100 developed in Beer.  I thought this camera would make a negative twice as wide as a standard shot but it's actually the same width as a normal camera.  It gets a wide image by cropping down the vertical to 16mm tall so it's no better than shooting 110 film.  The lens is not very sharp in the middle and it's really bad on the sides.  I did get a few nice shots out of it.

Shipwreck Point by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Neah Bay Marina by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

If anyone is interested in this camera let me know, I probably won't be using it again.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/60348236@N07/28704247867/

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
Re: First Weekend of December 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 06:06:16 PM »
Nice start Bryan, I like the vertical panorama. My contribution is somewhat more sinister, an abandoned fox farm. I hope this cruelty to animals will be abandoned too one day.

Contax N1 / Zeiss Planar 80mm f2.0 / Maco TS Eagle in Xtol
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 08:58:08 PM »
Bryan, those are sort of fun shots, but I can see why it wouldn't be in the regular rotation. I flip lenses on box cameras, so the blurry edges appeal to me. Could you cut out the mask to get a regular 24x36 or maybe a 24x24?

Kai, I like the composition, but you're right. The subject matter is grim.

My shot is of a pile of 120 spools and backing papers. If there is ever a shortage of these, I'll be rich!
Shot on Kodak CSG x-ray in the Speed Graphic.
Dev'd in a combo of 1+2 My-tol and 1:100 Parodinal.

Dead-Soldiers by James Harr, on Flickr
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 06:12:44 AM »
Bryan, those are sort of fun shots, but I can see why it wouldn't be in the regular rotation. I flip lenses on box cameras, so the blurry edges appeal to me. Could you cut out the mask to get a regular 24x36 or maybe a 24x24?

Kai, I like the composition, but you're right. The subject matter is grim.

My shot is of a pile of 120 spools and backing papers. If there is ever a shortage of these, I'll be rich!
Shot on Kodak CSG x-ray in the Speed Graphic.
Dev'd in a combo of 1+2 My-tol and 1:100 Parodinal.

I just checked, it’s a plastic mask that just pulls out. 

I have a box of spools that looks just like that, we’re both going to be rich!

cs1

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 06:42:31 AM »
The vertical panorama ist fabulous, Bryan.

I have two more shots from last week's roll of film. Olympus OM-1, Fomapan 100, Caffenol-C-H (RS).

Tree with mistletoe by C S

Reed by C S

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 11:32:03 PM »
Great start everyone. I really like all the shots.

I haven't taken any photos lately, but here are a couple from last summer.

the heart
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr
CineStill 800T, 35mm.

subway
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr
Kodak Colorplus 200, 35mm.
Instagram: @_shaken.not.stirred

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 08:51:29 PM »
Hey, that's a nice Cinestill shot, Miguel. Though I hate myself for saying that because it's my most hated neighborhood in NYC  :'(

What's better than an unintentional double exposure? Nothing, says I ;D This was taken at a Brooklyn Gypsies show (AMAZING Arabic/jazz/electro/funk fusion band if you can check them out or look them up). A friend of mine who is dipping her toes in film (she's an excellent digital concert photographer) asked me what film I shoot at 1600 (my answer: exclusively Tri-X), and she then threatened to try HP5+ if that was cheaper. She ended up using Tri-X, but of course her comment made me want to try HP5+ ;D So here it is, HP5+ @1600 dev'd in HC110 1:100 for 1.5 hours (1 inversion cycle) AND an unintentional double ;D I kinda like it just as much as Tri-X @1600 for slightly different reasons, and just like XP2 it has a cool purple toning when scanned in color (I dialed it back 50% or so).

cs1

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 02:25:46 PM »
Miguel, the CineStill shot really looks very cinematic. Very interesting color rendition.

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 04:44:45 PM »
Thanks. I had been shooting B&W earlier that day and left the orange filter on for most of the roll, and that happened.
Instagram: @_shaken.not.stirred

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 01:12:16 PM »
Thanks. I had been shooting B&W earlier that day and left the orange filter on for most of the roll, and that happened.

That explains the "teal and orange" look :D You should shoot an action movie with that setup ;D