Author Topic: Michael Kenna Print Exhibition (in the UK)  (Read 598 times)

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Michael Kenna Print Exhibition (in the UK)
« on: August 26, 2019, 10:10:53 AM »
I found out, recently, that there's a Michael Kenna print sale / exhibition taking place at the Bosham Gallery in Bosham, West Sussex (PO18 8LS).  As I'm a huge fan of his work, Mrs LD and I went to see it on Saturday.  There's 40 photos displayed and, IMO, no weak spots amongst them.

The bad news is that the exhibition finishes on 31st August. The GOOD news is that from that date, the 40 prints will be replaced by 18 prints which haven't previously been released.

It's not the easiest place to get to (unless you live nearby) so I recommend giving the gallery a call to check the details (01243 681271) before heading there.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

leanne

• Global Moderator
Re: Michael Kenna Print Exhibition (in the UK)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 11:31:09 AM »
Thanks for this. I’d love to see them.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: Michael Kenna Print Exhibition (in the UK)
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 11:55:34 AM »
I've just had an email from Angus Haywood (who manages the gallery).  He confirmed that "We are hanging new works (x19) on 30th August for viewing from 2 Sept)."  They will, apparently, be available for viewing Mon-Sat 10-1 and 2-5 from 2 Sept to 18 September.  Apologies for getting the dates slightly out. However, as mentioned previously, I'd definitely recommend contacting the gallery ahead of any travel.

PS - Leanne, I'm sure you'd love the current exhibition and I'm going to see if I can get to see the new works.  It'd be a great starting / ending place for a FW get-together  ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 12:14:04 PM by Late Developer »
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".