Author Topic: First Rolls Shot and Developed in What Sees Like Forever  (Read 598 times)

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
First Rolls Shot and Developed in What Sees Like Forever
« on: December 06, 2018, 02:43:45 AM »
Life, for the past year or so, has gotten busy. Both of my kids are now playing ice hockey, with one playing on a travel team, and this eats up almost all of our spare time. It also keeps us at ice rinks. Hockey also resulted in me not picking up a camera in forever because I just thought "why bother shooting if I don't have time to develop the film?", which is, admittedly,  both nonsense and defeatist. I finally decided to kick myself in the ass and get back to shooting, I also thought I'd give the newish TMax 3200 a go, so I picked up a few rolls, loaded up a Konica, popped on a 135mm lens and proceeded to shoot a bit at home and the local rink. I developed the film in TMax developer and pulling the negs from the tank felt great. Lesson learned: I'm no action photographer... yet, but I am happy with a few of the still shots that I took. And it's nice to be back. Hope everyone here is doing well.

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: First Rolls Shot and Developed in What Sees Like Forever
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 02:57:35 PM »
Hockey... Maybe you have a bit of Canadian blood after all ;)

If you're feeling not up to the task when it comes to action photos, don't worry, it could be related to the sport you're trying to cover. When magazines shoot the games, they have to use a whole team to get a few good shots.
The problem is that hockey is a fast game and you have to shoot around and above the rink. You'll never get the best views alone.

But there are a few places to look for. The corners, in front of the goals and the blue lines. If you select a corner and a goal, you could get a few good shots with a 70-210 zoom.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.