Author Topic: Couple of snippets from Hong Kong  (Read 596 times)

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
Couple of snippets from Hong Kong
« on: September 23, 2011, 11:12:39 AM »
Just got back from China and Hong Kong. Saw nothing of film interest in China but did run into a small exhibition of pinhole cameras in Hong Kong. The cameras were made by Martin Cheung. His Web site is here.

This was a panoramic camera. Not sure where the film fits.

I also found this in a street market. It appeared to be an 8x10. No visible shutter on it but a rubber tube disappears behind the lens so I'm thinking there was a shutter behind somewhere operated by squeezing a rubber bulb on the end of the tube. The tripod it was on seemed to be a permanent fixture or, at least, made for the camera. Can't find any reference to such a camera anywhere, even in my book of Chinese cameras. The label (not clear in the pictures) says it's a Seagull.

Also came across a couple using toy cameras at the Ngong Ping monastery. Should've taken their picture duh!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:40:42 AM by Peter R »
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
Re: Couple of snippets from Hong Kong
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 02:56:36 AM »
I note a real resurgence of film use in Hong Kong over the last few years... Mijonju reports similarly from Shanghai too. It used to be anything old was shunned, but there's hope yet! Great stuff. Thanks. Skj.