Author Topic: Blast From the Past  (Read 1483 times)

JoeV

Blast From the Past
« on: June 16, 2013, 07:30:58 PM »
I was going through my Flickr archives (from the header above the tiled view of your photo stream, click "edit" to view the classic version of your photo stream), and came across this pinhole camera image that I had entirely forgotten about.

From February 2011, taken near Placitas, New Mexico using an 8 x 10 pinhole camera with preflashed grade 2 paper negative.

Okay, let's see your 'Blast From the Past' images you've forgotten (or nearly forgotten) about. Technical info about camera, film, lens, etc. is welcome (as it provides some context).

~Joe

PS: The strange streak in upper left, adjacent to the wizard, is either the artifact of a tong mark in the developer tray, or some sort of magical effect. You decide.

"Wizard"
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 07:33:19 PM by JoeV »

JoeV

Re: Blast From the Past
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 07:37:37 PM »
And then I found another version of this same subject, taken several weeks later. It was outside an art gallery in a strip mall on highway 550 between I-25 and Placitas. Same camera and paper negative info as before.

~Joe

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 05:45:11 PM »
I found this in one of my boxes of prints. It was taken...crap, now I have to do math...13 years ago. I was living in Istanbul and I woke up one morning to see this scene with this exact light and color outside of my window. I'm not a morning person at all, so it's a minor miracle that I (a) woke up early enough to see it, (b) had a loaded camera next to my bed, and (c) had the presence of mind to actually use said camera (Pentax K1000, fwiw.) I had forgotten about the picture completely until I found it in the box a few weeks ago.
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

DonkeyDave

• Sheet Film
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 07:49:21 AM »
Early 1990s, when I was a very young man (!), David Doubilet was my hero. This is the Ghiannis D, in the Egyptian Red Sea. The diver is my girlfriend, now wife. Shot on Velvia, with a Sigma 14mm lens.

ghiannisD by donkerdave, on Flickr

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 02:23:57 PM »
I did this once. Paper neg and all that. Contact printed.

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 11:18:59 PM »
I did this once. Paper neg and all that. Contact printed.

Andrea, I instantly thought "gnome" and then felt guilty - so when I saw your title I was relieved !

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 08:51:07 AM »
My Blast comes from 2004 when I first moved to my current house. We'd just got settled and went for a walk in the apple orchards nearby. Tech details: Photons hit my eye, which formed a physical sensation. This was transmitted to my brain which constructed a physical, emotional and perceptual experience that I call vision. When this 'vision' matched the emotional state I was looking for, I used the fine motor control centre of my brain to flex my trigger finger and push the shutter on the camera I was using (cant remember which one). then something happend with film, developer and a scanner.  :P

apple boxes by LeonTaylor-Photo, on Flickr
L.

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 11:44:43 AM »
One from me.  Shot years ago with the first proper film camera I owned - it was even made out of metal!!!  Hope that confession won't land me in the sin bin!!