Author Topic: Anybody else notice Kentmere film is now available in 120?  (Read 307 times)

Flippy

• Sheet Film
Anybody else notice Kentmere film is now available in 120?
« on: February 02, 2024, 12:12:54 AM »
I guess this is a relatively new thing, as of just a few months ago. Don't remember seeing it the last time I ordered 120 film. Kentmere 100 is probably the closest thing to Plus-X you can get today, so I'm glad to see it's finally available in medium format. Anybody used it yet? Is the backing paper or markings on it anything to worry about?

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
Re: Anybody else notice Kentmere film is now available in 120?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 02:29:01 PM »
I've only used the 400 speed in 120 and I'm very happy with it.
Going by the guidelines for developing inside the box, it has worked great in caffenol, which is the only thing I use these days.

I like it a lot!
Here's attached a pinhole from December I made with it....

Flippy

• Sheet Film
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 03:50:12 AM »
Now that I've shot a few rolls of Kentmere in 120, I think it's great. All the "problems" of Kentmere in 135 become basically negligible in medium format. The large grain no longer matters, the halation no longer matters, the larger negative minimizes these issues.

Lake by Berang Berang, on Flickr

The backing paper is not great though, the numbers are printed very lightly and I already know that there are a couple of cameras I won't bother putting this stuff in because it'll be impossible to see the numbers.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 03:31:42 PM »
It's good to see that the new budget film in 120 is actually good.
I know that Jason of the grainyday YouTube channel tried pushing the 35mm 400 io stock to 3200 and it surprisingly held upnquite well. So just imagine the potential in 120!s
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.