Author Topic: Weekend 8th - 10th December 2023  (Read 520 times)

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
Weekend 8th - 10th December 2023
« on: December 08, 2023, 12:13:15 PM »
Some weeks ago I tested out a new film called Frontier 125D. It's a local photo shop here that spools Kodak cine film onto 36 frames cartridges and sell them with ECN-2 processing included. I'm not sure which Kodak film it is, but it's 125 ISO daylight film. I quite like the colours of this film, and it's quite a bit cheaper than Cinestill when you factor in the developing cost.

Contax Aria / Yashica ML Macro 2.8/55 / Frontier 125D
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: Weekend 8th - 10th December 2023
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 03:40:07 PM »
It could be Vision3 250D 5207/7207 that gets overexposed a bit.
Cine film has quite a bit of latitude, so it wouldn't be much of a problem for the emulsion.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 04:20:28 PM »
Some weeks ago I tested out a new film called Frontier 125D. It's a local photo shop here that spools Kodak cine film onto 36 frames cartridges and sell them with ECN-2 processing included. I'm not sure which Kodak film it is, but it's 125 ISO daylight film. I quite like the colours of this film, and it's quite a bit cheaper than Cinestill when you factor in the developing cost.

Does your local shop do ECN-2 in house?  I was curious if there are any labs near me that do it in house, my usual lab doesn't offer it.  It turns out Blue Moon camera in Portland, OR does it.  They don't do movie lengths but they do 135 film length and 120 film in small batches by hand.  I think I have an old roll that I should use now that I know where to have it processed. 

Last photos from American Samoa, Leica IIIc with a Leitz Summaron 3.5cm f/3.5 lens, Ilford FP4+ developed in Beer.

Tree and Ruins by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Fruit Stand under a Palm Tree by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

This historic building in Pago Pago has some interesting history.  William Somerset Maugham stayed here in 1916 and wrote a short story about it called Rain.  That story was adapted into 2 plays, 3 movies and an opera.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadie_Thompson_Inn
Sadie Thompson Inn by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 07:03:08 PM »

Does your local shop do ECN-2 in house?  I was curious if there are any labs near me that do it in house, my usual lab doesn't offer it.  It turns out Blue Moon camera in Portland, OR does it.  They don't do movie lengths but they do 135 film length and 120 film in small batches by hand.  I think I have an old roll that I should use now that I know where to have it processed. 

Yes, this shop do ECN-2 in house in additon to B+W and C41. What they do not do is E6, which means I have to send it to Germany to get it processed.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2023, 08:07:45 AM »
A small study of clouds. I have a real soft spot for seascapes. Whenever I'm near the coast I have to take a few shots, whether there's anything interesting going on or not. I had this roll hanging around needing to be developed. The rest of it was fairly boring, but I quite like these.

Tri-X, HC-110.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website