Author Topic: Nikon N80 adaptor to M42 threaded lens  (Read 319 times)

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
Nikon N80 adaptor to M42 threaded lens
« on: November 30, 2023, 05:35:41 PM »
Hi all!

I want to buy a Nikon N80 to M42 thread (Helios) lens adaptor...
There are loads of brands online, but wondered if anyone has a preferred brand for this ? Some seem cheap but good, and others seem expensive yet not ideal.

I've mostly shot a kit lens on the N80, but would like to use one of my helios 44M-4 lenses on it over the Christmas break.

thanks!

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: Nikon N80 adaptor to M42 threaded lens
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 08:46:02 PM »
I recently got one to mount M42 on my Minolta srT's.  I went with a cheap one and haven't done anything beyond making sure it mounts and dismounts properly.  If you can find a vintage one that will be your best bet, those seem to be the better made ones. 

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 08:59:21 PM »
Thanks Bryan,
I was wondering about digging for vintage...I'll give that a go...otherwise it's going to be something from Amazon with a bunch of robot reviews....

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 10:30:27 PM »
To put an M42 lens on a Nikon you need an adapter that has a lens on it, so avoid the simple ones without it as you won't be able to focus to infinity.
I think Fotodiox makes some good ones (they sell a lot of different adapters), but I can't really say for sure.
I got one of the "eBay Special" ones that is made of Chinesium. I tried it on my digital once and it works just fine. A Takumar even gave me a better image than the kit lens I have on it. Maybe I was lucky...

I just checked their site and the Nikon-M42 adapter with a lens is 34$
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.