Author Topic: Weekend of 10/11/12 Nov Thread  (Read 587 times)

irv_b

• Self-Coat
Weekend of 10/11/12 Nov Thread
« on: November 10, 2023, 05:14:07 PM »
I am on a photowalk in Central London tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get some more material to show soon enough. Theses are from the trip to Hastings at the end of Holga week but taken with the Chamonix 54n FP4  and ID11

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
Re: Weekend of 10/11/12 Nov Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 06:02:08 PM »
Nice 'dozer, Irv!
I've got two more shots from up north, the second is of my neighbour having rounded up the sheep for battery change. Here the farmers use electronic fences, each sheep has a GPS device around their neck that will give them a jolt if they cross the defined border. It works quite well, at least until Pentagon decides to reduce the accuracy of the grid.

Contax 645 / Zeiss Distagon 3.5/55 / Fuji 160NS
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 07:50:11 PM »
Sheep Zappers, that's a new one.  I've seen dogs run through electronic fences like that when they really wanted to get something on the other side. 

I have some color shots from Maui.  Expired Kodak Gold 200 with Minolta Freedom Zoom 115.

Cliff Jumping by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Citroën H Van by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

VW Minibus by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 11:18:51 PM »
A Citroen truck in Hawaii  ???
How the heck did this get there?

OK, stupid answer would be: on a boat...
But I feel it wouldn't be half as interesting.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2023, 11:53:37 PM »
A Citroen truck in Hawaii  ???
How the heck did this get there?

OK, stupid answer would be: on a boat...
But I feel it wouldn't be half as interesting.
You're probably right about the boat.  It's set up to sell shave ice to tourists, I don't think it even runs.

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023, 02:07:07 PM »
From the archive, a couple in honor of Armistice/Remembrance Day: my great-grandmother reading the deployment orders for one of her sons. WW 2 was especially difficult for her, as she watched not only her sons and grandsons head off to war.

My uncle Vahan, on the left, was born in 1898 and had previously enlisted for service in WW 1 but contracted "Spanish Flu" while in training; by the time he recovered, the war had ended and he was sent home. So, at the age of 44, married and with two young children, he enlisted again in 1942 and served as a materials logistics officer in the European theater.

On the right, the youngest of my grandfather's brother, Nick, born in 1912. Nick remained in the military after the war, serving as an Air Force Reserve utilities officer.

Scans from the original negatives.

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2023, 06:43:42 PM »
Wonderful pictures everyone! I have got a recent autumn shot, take with my Argentum Explorator 5x7 and 30 year expired Kodak Vericolor 3.

Reichenbach