Author Topic: Weekend 3rd - 5th November 2023  (Read 613 times)

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
Weekend 3rd - 5th November 2023
« on: November 03, 2023, 06:26:00 PM »
Two more shots from the farm up north. My neighbour who is leasing the farming and grazing rights has about twenty sheep on my land each year, they are good company.

Contax II / Zeiss Sonnar 1.5/50 / Rollei Superpan 200 (no. 1) / Fomapan 400 (no. 2) in Adox XT-3
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
Re: Weekend 3rd - 5th November 2023
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 07:55:05 PM »
Ooh, love that first shot!

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 08:46:03 PM »
Thanks Manuel!  :)
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 09:42:14 PM »
Yes!
Really like the first sheeps shot.
It's nostalgic in a way I can't explain.

My offering is from my archive and it's a bit of a mystery to me, because it's in a folder that it titled "backwards not Holga"
Right now I have no idea what that means, except it could just be a reversed lens in the Holga, or a Frankenlens transplant of some sort since I love to pilfer and swap lenses with pieces of kit that I order from Surplus Shed.
Anyway, here's my shot for the week.

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2023, 01:36:17 PM »
Among the cameras I inherited is my mom's Voigtlander Rollfilm 116, circa 1928-29. So far as I can tell from the negatives in my archive, it was last used in 1957, coincidentally the last year my dad used his Graflex 4x5 Series D SLR. (For reference, 1957 was the year my sister and I turned 4 and started moving too quickly, in different directions, for either of these cameras to be used successfully.)

The Voigtlander's been gathering dust on my display shelf for a few years now. I ordered some 116-120 adapters from Film Photography Project, made some minor modifications to the film aperture to support the narrower film, loaded up a roll of Foma 100 Classic which seems to be close-ish to Verichrome Pan, and took a walk around town. Results were . . .OK for a largely neglected 95 year old camera. The shutter is still remarkably accurate: no light leaks, all speeds sound normal. The lens, Skopar 114/4.5, has developed some sort of haze internally, which I've yet to diagnose. I don't think it's fungus, so possibly a breakdown of the balsam between the paired elements.

So, one more connection to the past. I'm struck by the economy and patience one needed in an era of 6 and 8 image per roll cameras, to wait for the right moment for an exposure. Digital notwithstanding, 36 exposures on a roll of 35mm seems almost profligate in comparison.

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2023, 04:44:34 PM »
Among the cameras I inherited is my mom's Voigtlander Rollfilm 116, circa 1928-29. So far as I can tell from the negatives in my archive, it was last used in 1957, coincidentally the last year my dad used his Graflex 4x5 Series D SLR. (For reference, 1957 was the year my sister and I turned 4 and started moving too quickly, in different directions, for either of these cameras to be used successfully.)

The Voigtlander's been gathering dust on my display shelf for a few years now. I ordered some 116-120 adapters from Film Photography Project, made some minor modifications to the film aperture to support the narrower film, loaded up a roll of Foma 100 Classic which seems to be close-ish to Verichrome Pan, and took a walk around town. Results were . . .OK for a largely neglected 95 year old camera. The shutter is still remarkably accurate: no light leaks, all speeds sound normal. The lens, Skopar 114/4.5, has developed some sort of haze internally, which I've yet to diagnose. I don't think it's fungus, so possibly a breakdown of the balsam between the paired elements.

So, one more connection to the past. I'm struck by the economy and patience one needed in an era of 6 and 8 image per roll cameras, to wait for the right moment for an exposure. Digital notwithstanding, 36 exposures on a roll of 35mm seems almost profligate in comparison.

It great that you picked the right subject for those two shots.

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2023, 04:54:30 PM »
A couple of shots of the iron bridge at Ironbridge, though you really can't get a good composition, (I think ) unless you are on the river. The village is quite pretty and if I had more time I would have exposed more shots there.
5x4 FP4 in ID11 with the Chamonix 45n

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 05:08:52 PM »
Yes!
Really like the first sheeps shot.
It's nostalgic in a way I can't explain.

My offering is from my archive and it's a bit of a mystery to me, because it's in a folder that it titled "backwards not Holga"
Right now I have no idea what that means, except it could just be a reversed lens in the Holga, or a Frankenlens transplant of some sort since I love to pilfer and swap lenses with pieces of kit that I order from Surplus Shed.
Anyway, here's my shot for the week.

This is brilliant! Oh, it didn't post the shot, anyway, I love it.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website